Chapter 1

It's ironic how our hearts can hurt by something we've seen coming but I wasn't even looking! I was so wrapped up in my relationship with him that I didn't even thought that he could hurt me...
Six months later and my heart is still broken!
I have been leaving in Texas since I was two years old but after 15 years I'm going back to my hometown California. My mum is a teacher and she got transferred to San Francisco! From one hand I feel like this is what I need a new beginning, a new life but on the other hand I hate that I have to say goodbye to all of my friends!
But it will be OK, what can go wrong right...?
"Tini wake up we're going to miss the flight! "
"I'm already up mum!"
"Since when do you wake up so early?"
"Since now,I want a new life for me so I need to be ready and prepared for this!"
"Oh don't tell me you have been out doing gymnastics at six o'clock? "
"Exercise is good for your body and soul! You should try it sometime! "
"Whatever...go and wake up your brother we have to go in...crap 20 minutes!" She says and moves into the kitchen. I ran upstairs to my brother's bedroom and knock on his door.
"Austin are you up we've got to go!"
My blonde brother walks out of the room with his suitcase.
"Hey sis! Ready to inspire the world of California? "
" Ill leave that to you... bro!"
I run downstairs in order to gather my things.
"Make sure you did not forget anything! "
My mum shouts from the kitchen. I count my suitcases,so does my brother.
"Everything is here! "
"Mine too! "
"OK guys we're ready to go! "
We arrive at the airport after a 10 minute ride.
"Tini where are all of your friends?, I thought they were going to say goodbye today! "
My mum asked me.
"We said our goodbyes last night... I told them not to come! Besides it's not like I won't see them again! "
I told my mum and Austin but the truth is that I was so afraid that if they came I wouldn't be able to leave!
We enter the airplane and find our shits.
"Please do me a favor and don't bother me during the flight! " Austin tells me.
"Wasn't planning to! "
I put my headphones on and try to relax.I look out of the window and remember my dad...I was five when he abandoned us! I don't really remember him...but what I do remember is how broken I felt inside, and when my ex boyfriend hurt me it was like bringing back this pain inside me!It felt like I was drowning but I had to be strong for me! All my life I was taking care of others including my mum and my brother. My mum worked a lot of hours because she had two jobs in order for us to survive. So I had to look after Austin even though I was the younger one! My uncle Mike was always around helping us, he's the closest I know to father! He's a musician and the one who taught me how to play the piano and how to sing! So yea... I believe that a different city and new faces is all I need to heal!