Chapter 7

'You will never be happy
If you continue to hold
on to the things that
make you sad.
Saying goodbye is a hard thing but the harder one is living a life that does not fulfill you. Chasing your dreams is one of the most important things you got to do in your life, even if you are not sure about them. Take risks, explore yourself, find true love... and choose to be happy! '
The girl in front of us is looking me like I just ate the last cookie.
"Hey Jolene! "
Alex says to her with confidence in his voice. I see her face change from pissed to an angel.
"Hey...how are you? "
Her boyfriend awkwardly standing beside her with his hands in his pockets.
"Good... Tini we should get going we have a plane to catch tomorrow! "
"Yes we do! "
We turn to leave but Jolene has other plans.
"So are you guys an item? "
"We are... we are not "
Alex looks at me for help
"You know we are really complicated"
"Yes that is the word complicated! "
We laugh at the same time looking each other and then them
"This is really weird! "
I whisper while I am smiling.
"But you guys just kissed! "
"We did? "
I ask them
"Yea like seconds ago!"
"I didn't even notice! "
"You didn't? "
Alex asks me
"Maybe I should remind you! "
Before I could act his lips are on mine. Kissing me slowly. I open my eyes when I feel him backing away but still holding my face.
I try to speak but words don't want to leave my mouth.
We stare at each other eyes ,breathing heavily. My head is spinning around but I don't know if it is from the kiss or from the alcohol.
"Honey we should leave them alone "
Her boyfriend tells her while he is dragging her away.
"I have... we have to go! "
I say to him as I free myself from his hands.
"Right! Let's go! "
"I will find Dylan and you go find my brother! "
I start searching for him and I spot him on a sofa.
"Dyl we have to go!"
"I know I was about to call you! Where are the others? "
"Alex is searching for Austin. Lets go outside! "
"OK! "
We pass through a lot of drunk people but finally we make it. I take my phone out
"I am calling Alex he's the sober one,call a taxi! "
I put the phone on my ear as I close the other one with my hand so I can hear better.
"Hello? "
"Alex it's Tini we are outside. Do you have my brother? "
"Yes we are coming! "
I end the call and sit down.
"You are OK? "
"No! I kissed Alex! "
"What?tell me more! "
Before I could answer Alex and Austin make their presence.
I don't really remember what happened next but suddenly I find myself in my bed! I try to get out of bed and ignore my headache but it is impossible! And then I realize that a hand is also blocking my way! Dylan is squeezing me with his body.
"Let me go! "
"Mmmhm"
"Hey... l need to get up! "
"Mmm"
I start poking his face with my finger
"Dylan Dylan Dylan Dylan! "
Finally he opens his eyes
"Hey! "
I say to him and he groans
"Let me get up! "
He lets me go and I find my way to the bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth really quick and put my hair up. I start to leave my room when I see Dylan's suitcases and I remember that today he is leaving!
So am I??
I run downstairs as fast as I can but the carpet has other plans. I trip and I find myself on the floor.
"Oh God! "
I try to get up before anyone can see me but too late! My mum is looking at me while she stands on the corner with her cup in her hands.
"Going somewhere sparkle? "
"I I am not! I fall and here I am on the floor!"
I smile innocently but it doesn't work.
"Do you know where is my brother and Alex? "
"Austin is sleeping and Alex just left."
Left... he left!
"Oh he asked me to give you this! "
She passes me a letter
"What's this? "
I ask her
"I don't know I didn't open it!"
"Alright... I am going outside for a moment. "
I go out and sit on the grass. I open the letter and read it.
'Tini,
If I had your number I wouldn't be writing you this letter but as you already know I don't have it. To be honest I tried to take it by your brother while he was sleeping but I failed! I am not sure if you remember what we talked about last night or what we did but you said that you want to travel. My flight hopefully yours too leaves at 6 p.m.
Alex '
I didn't even realize that I had tears in my eyes I push them away and get up. I got to my room where Dylan was packing his back pack.
"Hey !"
I say sadly. He hugs me immediately because he knows how much he means to me
"I need to tell you something! "
"What is it? "
I told him what I was planning to do,what Alex and I talked about and that we kissed! He was surprised but at the same time happy for me.
"I told you he had a thing for you!"
I smile at him as I open my wardrobe to collect my clothes. After 2 hours I am full packed but the problem is how am I going to leave with my mum here?Dylan and I look out of the door to see if she is in her bedroom but turns out my mum is downstairs blocking all of the exits I have.
"OK if I go and distrust her as you leave from the back door!?"
"She will here the noise! There must be another way! "
"Wait if i leave now and you come with me at the airport she wont understand which suitcase is mine and which is yours! "
"Omg total true! "
"But what am I going to do for 5 hours? Its still one o'clock! "
"Go to Alex's house! "
"I don't know if that's a good idea! "
"You agreed to go on vacation with him he can least entertain you for tow hours you have to be on the airport 3 hours earlier! "
"OK act normal!"
"Hey! "
"Hey mum we are going to the airport! "
"Yes we are! "
"I can see that! Dylan we will miss you !"
"Ill miss you too!Goodbye !"
"Bye mum "
I say and I hug her
"Sparkle is everything alright? "
"Yes I am just going to miss my friend!"
We roll the suitcases out and Dylan looks at me
"Ready?"
"Yes...it's time to go! "

Please like and vote!
OFSLTEVL 💋