Chapter 9

It had been a week since we had gone to La Push. I kept in constant contact with Jacob as did Bella. She had also missed him a lot even though she wouldn’t admit to it. School was the same, nothing changed there. The only thing that worried me a bit was Rosalie. She had begun to act rather strange around Bella and I. I could feel her mixed emotions and it bothered me. We had still not met her mate, and I thought maybe that what she was worried about.

Edward had finally proposed to Bella and it had truly surprised me that she had said yes. I knew she had a problem with the whole marriege concept. Later I came to find out that she had only agreed to marriege so that Edward could finally change her into what she wanted the most. She wanted to be just like him.

I did not agree with her decision, but it was her choice. I had already stated to her that she should think twice about it, but she had her mind set and it was no changing that. She could be really stubborn.

“When is it happening?” I asked her one night in her room. Edward and the rest of the Cullens had gone hunting.

“After graduation, first were getting married, and after the honeymoon, he promised to change me.” She said smiling.

“What?! Your actually going to have a honeymoon! You cant be serious! He can kill you!” I said trying to control my voice and temper. What is she thinking! Shes only human! And him, what the fuck!

“Natalie, you and Emmett..” She started and I cut her off.

“I’m different! You know that! I’m not human! I’m also vampire! You don’t understand, he can kill you!” I told her holding on to the bed. I was becoming more and more irritated by her. “Look, Bella, Edward, hes a vampire, sex with him is not the same as with a human. They loose control. They are stronger than humans. When he goes to kiss you, he could probably break your jaw or worse. He might have self control now, but its different, sex is different.”

“ I think we’ll be fine.” She said looking down.

“ Please, please think about it. Couldn’t that wait until you get turned?” I asked pleading with her. She just didn’t understand.

She just nodded in response already blushed. I could feel she was nervous. I thought of changing the subject.

“So, I’m guessing Alice is going overboard with the wedding?” I said smiling.

“Oh, yes. Its not till after graduation, two months from now, and she already has everything picked out. At least I picked the colors.” She said laughing a bit.

We talked about the wedding and how excited she actually was about the whole thing. She also told me Jacob already knew and that he had not been to happy about it.

“You know he has always liked you, more than a friend.” I told her.

“I know, I just thought he understood.” She said sadly.

“ Is he coming to the wedding?” I asked

“ I don’t know, we asked him to be the best man, but I’m not sure if he’ll show up.”

We continued talking until I saw her getting groggy. I checked the time, it was 11:30 pm.

“Well, I guess we should rest. Goodnight Bella.” I said and walked out the door.

“Goodnight Natalie.” She said and closed her eyes.

I went to my bedroom. I couldn’t stop thinking about Edward actually going through with the honeymoon. ‘Was he insane?! Did he not love her enough?’ I started pacing back and forth. I felt so mad and confused. ‘ Its not my business, its not my business, its not my business.’ ‘hell ya its my business, he can kill her!’ ‘ I’ll talk to him tomorrow.’ I told myself and went to bed.

That night I dreamt of Bella dying in Edwards arms.

I awoke at 5 am covered in sweat. I rubbed my eyes and decided to go for a run before school. Today was going to be a long day.