Chapter 13

The days seemed to pass by even quicker. We were all just so tense and nervous in waiting the arrival of The Volturi.

We had practiced and Bella had gotten her shield to work around all of us. Carlisle really didn’t want to fight, but what choice did we have. Caius would not give us a chance and neither would Aro.

With my shield and Bellas it would be completely impenetrable. But just in case, I could persuade Jane or Alec to use their powers to our advantage.

Some of Carlisles friends had come to help us, even though Carlisle said it was unnecessary. Even their cousins from Denali came to help us.

“We will not stand here and watch as they destroy an innocent coven” Said Eleazar.

“Thank you my friend.” Carlisle told him.

“They arrive tomorrow at noon.” Alice announced. “In the clearing, just outside of Forks.”

“Well, lets keep practicing.” Emmett said and slapped Jasper on his back. Jasper just growled but smiled.

We went outside and I was told to persuade Kate into using her power against Edward.

“Are you sure?” I asked Edward.

“Bella is here, I wont get hurt. We just need to test your gift.” He told me confidently.

I nodded and turned to Kate.

“Do you need me to attack you?” She asked me.

“Okay. Lets try that.” I said.

She walked toward me, with a smile on her face.

“Attack Edward.” I said calmly.

Her face turned blank all of a sudden. I could sense she was fighting with herself.

“Hurt him.” I said more sternly.

She ran toward Edward and grabbed him. Her power surging through her hand onto Edwards.

He went on his knees but Bella helped. He was soon on his feet again.

“Enough.” I said.

She gasped as soon as she was in control.

“I didn’t like that.” She said upset.

“Wow, that is an amazing gift. Much like Chelsea’s gift.” Eleazar said.

“Aro wont be pleased.” Commented Tanya.

“Have you always been able to do that?” Carlisle asked me.

“Yes. I used to, but not in a while.” I replied.

“You’re amazing.” Emmett whispered in my ear.

“That gift is something that Aro might want. Lets not use it unless we have to.” Jasper said concerned.

I nodded in response.

“Try to persuade Bella.” Eleazar said suddenly.

“She is a shield.” Edward responded.

“But to what extent.” Eleazar replied.

Bella looked to me and nodded.

“Step away from Edward.” Alice said.

I stepped close to her and touched her shoulder.

“I want you to attack Edward.” I said to her. “NOW!”

Bella stood there looking at me in shock.