Chapter 12: Way Back When

I was sitting outside Ryan's school, waiting on her to come out. She finally came out, looking mad again.

"What's wrong?" I asked when she got in the car.

"I was about to fight Kourtney's girlfriend."

"Damn Ry, you still on that? For what?"

"Cause she was talking smack talking bout 'that's why he chose me over you' and stuff."

"What did yo friend say?" I asked.

"He told her to chill out, but she kept talking. I was about to slap her in her big mouth until Kourtney held me back. She keep playing with me she gon get popped." She said, making herself upset.

I laughed. "You already know you can't fight her cause Granny gon whoop yo ass. You better make sure she hit you first so you got a reason to pop her. But you really getting this mad over a boy?"

She smacked her lips. "It's not just any boy Ronny, this my bestfriend we talking about."

I shook my head. I really don't get why she was so pressed over a dude who supposed to be her 'bestfriend' but ignores them because of somebody else. That's some fake shit.

"Where you wanna go? I got a little time to spare before I go home for my project." I told Ryan as I pulled out the parking lot.

"I wanna go get some ice cream." Ryan said, grabbing my phone. She started playing one of the little games she had downloaded on my phone.

I nodded. "I gotchu."

I bopped my head to the music playing and drove to Tutti Frutti.

Once we got there, me and Ryan got out the car and went inside.

I grabbed a few sample cups and gave a couple to Ryan. We went around tasting all the flavors as usual.

"Oh my gosh, taste this Ronny!" Ryan said excitedly, handing me the cup with a little ice cream left in it.

I ate it and nodded my head. "Which flavor is that?"

"Cheesecake. I think I'm gonna get this and mix it with Pineapple." She grabbed the smallest carton and started to fill it.

"Ight.." I scratched the back of my neck, "I think I'm gonna get chocolate fudge and Raspberry." I said and began filling my carton too.

Then we moved on to the topping while Ryan dumped a pound of sprinkles on hers with gummy worms and marshmallows. Then she poured chocolate syrup on top.

I scrunched my face as I watched her make it. "You a nasty lil girl. Yo stomach gon be tore up." I put strawberries, M&M's, and brownie bites in my icecream and topped it with chocolate syrup as well.

"You the one with all the chocolate, I think you'll be on toilet tonight. You already look constipated." Ryan laughed.

The guy at the register tried to hold in a laugh only making Ryan laugh harder.

"Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically.

Ryan placed her cup on the scale as it calculated the weight. I put mine on the scale next then the guy gave me the total.

I pulled out a twenty and handed it to him.  He gave me my change. I put it back in my pocket.

"I would have let you keep the change, but you Mr. Funny Man." I said, sizing him up.

"Aww come on man, you don't have to do me like that." He said, putting his hands up in protest.

Ryan and I sat in a booth. It was quiet for a minute as we got started in devouring our icecream.