Chapter 24: The One

(A/N: this is the finale.)

Friday

I got ready and went to pick up Ry.

I got a text from Quan soon as I parked in Granny's driveway.

From Day One; I'ma come out today. 6:21

We haven't really talked since he told me about him being gay and in love with me. I'm still tryna figure it out .

To Day One; good for you. 6:21

I'm glad he finally gon let everybody know, cause this shit been killing me. Now I ain't gotta worry bout nothing.

I knocked on the door and Granny answered.

"Goodmorning Ronald, your mother is in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Why don't you go get some?" She greeted.

"Morning." I replied before going into the kitchen. "Morning ma." I said kissing her cheek and sat at the table.

"Hey Ronny! You're just in time for breakfast." She sat a plate with cheesy eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, and strawberries along with a fork in front of me. "I'll go get your sister."

I picked up the fork and started to dig in. Granny smacked my hand, making me drop my fork. "If you don't wait on them boy. What's wrong with you? You know we gotta pray over this food together."

"Okay okay, my bad!" I said.

"Your bad?"

"I mean I'm sorry."

"That's what I thought." Granny said, sizing me.

I patiently waited on Ryan and mama. Once they got down, they fixed plates and Granny prayed.

"Dear Lord, thank you for another day you've given us. Thank you for bringing my family together. This is something I've been praying for for years now and I will forever be grateful for all that you've done for each of us. Thank you for this delicious breakfast that Yolonda prepared and bless her. And bless my grandchildren as well. Amen."

"Amen." Then we finally dug in.

After breakfast, me and Ryan had to head out before we both ended up late.

"Ight, we gotta go." I said, putting my plate in the sink. "Bye."

"You two have a good day."

"Bye." Ryan waved as we headed out the door.

Once we got in the car, I told Ryan the news. "Quan gon tell everybody he's gay."

"When he gon tell me?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"How did it go with Kourtney yesterday?"

Ryan started blushing. Here we go.

"It was good, we're both gonna get the lead."

"So you ready for today?"

"Definitely."

I pulled up to Ryan's school.

"Then good luck, y'all will do great."

"Thanks Ronny, love you."

"Love you too Ry, have a good day."

I saw Kourtney waiting on her at the entrance. Then, they walked in together. Sooner or later, Ima have to beat some ass.

I went to school myself and the niggas were at they post.

I dapped everybody up.

"Where's Quan?" I asked.