Chapter 16: Pops

I headed over to Ryan's school like I did everyday. I sat at the car ramp waiting on her to come out.

She came out, spotted my car, and made her way over.

"Hey," she said once she got in.

I put the car in drive. "Hey Ry, how was your day?"

"Good, good, good." She smiled.

"Oh no, what did you do?"

"What? I didn't do anything. Me and Kourtney finally made up and he dumped his girlfriend." She smirked evilly.

"You hated her that much?"

"I didn't hate her, just strongly disliked. She didn't really like Kourtney. She was using him to aggravate me, so I had to put that to an end."

We pulled up to Granny's house.

"Well aren't you a good friend." I said sarcastically.

"The best he'll ever have. Now come on." Ryan said, getting out the car.

I sighed loudly, but got out the car. Might as well get this shit over with.

Ryan knocked on the door and our mother answered.

They wasn't gonna make this shit easy.

"Hey baby!" My mother said to Ryan, hugging her and kissing her forehead.

"Hey mama." Ryan smiled, I know she was loving the attention.

"Hey Ronny." My mother smiled, with her arms out.

"Wassup." I nodded, pushing past her.

"Um.. Ryan, can you go upstairs while I talk to your brother please?"

"Yes ma'am." Ryan replied before running upstairs.

Once Ryan was gone, my mother started talking.

"Ronny... I know we don't have the picture perfect mother/son relationship, but-"

"We don't even have a relationship, what you mean?" I laughed.

"That's what I'm tryna work on baby. I know I haven't been there in the past, but if you just forgive me and let me in now everything will work out."

I shook my head. "I don't need you. I didn't need you then and I definitely don't need you now. I'm damn near grown and now you wanna play mama? Man, miss me with that shit. Please."

I felt a hand across my face. My mother looked at me with rage.

"I am still your mother! You're gonna respect me no matter what I have done in the past." She yelled.

I clenched my jaw. I was trying so hard to restrain myself. Let this be any other woman, I swear she would've been dead. I was debating on killing my so-called "mother" at this very moment.

"What's the problem?" My grandmother said, running in from the kitchen.

"I'm bout to go." I said, heading for the door.

"No you're not, I'm not done talking to you." My mother said, grabbing my arm.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU GOTTA SAY! LET ME GO BEFORE I DO SOMETHING I MIGHT REGRET." I yelled. She really pissing me off.

"Ronald." My grandma said calmly. "Sit down and we can all talk about this."

"What is there to talk about!?"

"Just sit down baby." My grandma took my hand and sat next to me on the couch.

My mother began to speak again. "Look Ronny, I'm sorry. I know I've caused you pain by not being there. And I'm sorry for that. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would. Your daddy tried so hard to get me clean. If only I had just listened, he would've been here tod-"