Chapter Two*

Chapter Two

-Emma-

"Emma! Will you stop being so stubborn and listen to me?" Amy asked a bit irritated as we walked down the hallway to our next classes. Ever since we left our first period, Amy has tried to turn my attention back onto the bad boy topic so she could warn me even more. Amy knew once I set my mind to something I was not going to back down. So basically it was useless.  

"Ames, you can stop now. My mind is made up, they're just boys that go through a bad boy behavior phase. Nothing more, they're not even that threatening." I stated as I stop in front of my locker to switch books.  

Amy slammed her head against one of the lockers. "Why the hell am I friends with such a stubborn idiotic girl?"  

"Well, we've been together since kindergarten. So you can't rid of me that easily." I slammed my locker shut and smiled cheekily.  

She grimaced. "I can hire a hit man to do that job for me."  

I slapped her arm. "Rude." 

"You know I love you." She said slinging her arm around my shoulders.  

"I see the love." I answered sarcastically. Amy and I bid our goodbyes since we have separate classes for our second period. I walked into my Physics class and took my seat in the middle of the classroom. If you haven't notice now, I like sitting in the middle of the class for some odd reason.  

I started to tap my pen on my desk in boredom waiting for class to start. I glanced around the classroom as the rest of the class start to file in, until something caught my eye. Aiden Black and his group of two waltzed into the classroom. It totally slipped my mind that I had a class with terrible three, usually they're in the back of the classroom and I do not look back there at all. So I have an excuse why it slipped my mind. Here I thought that they would go to their regular seats, but obviously not because they filled the three seats around me. 

Aiden took the one to my right, Derek to the left and Matt right behind me. I was just wondering if that was supposed to bother me, because it has not affect towards me. They changed seats, big whoop.  

"We meet again." Aiden said trying to capture my attention.  

"I guess so." I answered dismissively as I worked on a few problems on my paper that were written on the board. "What do you want?"  

"I want to see if you can live up to your threat."  

I glanced up at him with a raised eyebrow. "What threat?"  

"'This is not over.' Did you don't state that in the hallways earlier? When someone says that there is an underlining threat within." Said Aiden resting his head in his hand.  

"So did you come here to threat me also so I can back off like a scared little girl and you can be satisfied that you won?" I asked turning my attention back to my paper.  

"Do you not know who I am?"  

"I do actually, I heard quite of few interesting rumors about you. But it's not like I believe them. What I added up from them all is that you're a rich kid acting out and using your parent's money and power to clear your mess up. Even if you threaten me, I couldn't take it seriously because all I would think is that the guy in front of me is just a kid crying for attention." I answered. I heard his friends snickered and couldn't help the small smile of satisfaction that found its way to my face. 

Aiden muttered some colorful words under his breath but stayed quiet for the rest of the class period. When the bell rung I gather my things and was heading for the door until someone grabbed onto my arm. I turned back to look who it was and of course I wasn't surprise to see Aiden. "What is it?" I asked trying to get my arm out of his strong grip by now the classroom was clear of the students and teacher.  

"Don't you know I can make your life a living hell?" He asked taking a few steps forward causing me to back up. "Just a snap of my fingers and I could have this whole school against you. You honestly think you're tough, trying to slam insults towards me." By now my back was against the wall. "Abusing power? I'm utilizing it, making it my own." His face was just mere inches from mine, so close that I could smell his minty breath. "Just one snap." He whispered, his lips now hovering right above my own.  

I wanted to fight back and say that he was an asshole for using the school to fight his own battles, but I couldn't. The words that I formed were all caught in my throat. I couldn't speak, he was close too close. My heart was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to leap out of my chest. I could feel the heat from his body radiating, that's how close he was. "Just remember that sweetheart." Aiden said as he pushed off from the wall. My eyes couldn't help but follow him towards the door. With one last smirk towards me, he walked out the classroom.  

My hand automatically went towards my pounding heart. I don't understand why it was pounding so hard, why I couldn't say anything to defend myself or to tell him to back up. I don't understand why my eyes were roaming his face, up to his hazel eyes down to his sharp jaw when he was so close. Why couldn't I stop myself from inhaling his cologne or the urge to run my fingers through his thick dark brown hair.  

The warning bell snapped me out of my daze. "Crap." I muttered under my breath. I shook my head clear of those thoughts and ran to my next class, but I couldn't help that those same thoughts lingered in the back of my mind waiting for me to think back to them.  

When lunch came around, I was jumping for joy. One, I was starving and two my mind needed a break from my classes. I grabbed my lunch, paid for it and walk towards the table where Amy was already seated. I grabbed a fry from her tray and popped it into my mouth. "Why hello there." I greeted.  

"Em, get your own." She said covering her tray as I took a seat across from her.  

"But sharing is caring." I retorted taking a bite of my pizza.  

"Share your cookies with me then."  

My eyes widen. "No, no, no." I said sliding my cookies off my tray and onto my lap. "Well I guess sharing isn't that much of caring" 

"Exactly." Amy said smirking. We chatted while eating our lunches but I didn't tell her about what happened in the classroom with Aiden. I was still trying to figure that out myself. 

Amy's eyes shot to behind me in the middle of her sentence about her explaining about her weekend. "Oh, well it looks like you have an admirer." She stated. 

"What?" I looked at her incredulously.  

"Look" She nodded her head in the direction behind me. I turned around to see what exactly this girl was yammering about. My eyes scanned the lunchroom until they landed on a pair of familiar hazel ones and I automatically felt my heart rate start to pick up. I whipped back around as fast as I could.  

"Are you blushing?" Amy asked poking my cheeks.  

I slapped her hands away. "No."  

"You so are! Do you like Aiden?" She asked. 

"No." I said deadpanned.  

"Yes, you do!"  

I took a handful of French fries and threw them at her face. "No, I don't." One of the fries that I threw at her got stuck in her hair light brown hair. "You got a little something there." I said gesturing to her head. 

She glared at me but removed the fry. "Then why did you blush?"  

"I didn't blush. It's a little warm in here and you know I get heated fast." I defended.  

"Yeah, sure." She answered not believing me.  

"Would you like another faceful of French fries?" I asked her reaching towards the fries.  

She grabbed my hand. "Do it and I will smash your cookies." Amy said menacingly.  

I retreated my hand quickly. "First you want to burn my laptop and now you want to smash my cookies. What kind of best friend does that?"  

"The best kind." She grinned.  

"The worst kind." I muttered under my breath which caused Amy to smack my arm and I just grinned at her. But that thought still lingered in the back of my mind. Why did I blush?