Chapter 26- Escape

Chapter 26-Escape

-Aiden-

You know that feeling of despair you get when something bad, horrible, or traitorous is bound to happen? That drop gut feeling that makes you worry for not only your safety but for the safety of the people you care for? I could feel that feeling gnawed at me as I watch Emma and Derek walk down the corridor to Mark's office, I wanted to stop her and tell to let me go with Derek instead, but it didn't make sense to do that. It would have left her and Mia defenseless upstairs if Mark came and I know that I couldn't do that. Sometimes I wish I didn't get her involved in this, even though she took it in and looked past it seeing the better in me and put the best foot forward when it came with dealing with Mia. That's one of the many reasons why I love her.

Love. I never thought I would fall in love again when Mia made her decision that left me heartbroken. But I never felt this deeply in love with anyone especially Mia, this was the first time I felt so strongly for a girl, and it scared the living shit out of me. I love Emma and I know I couldn't lose her no matter what. I would do anything for her. And that scared me even more. I'm fucking whipped.

I felt something nudge my side, I looked over to see Mia giving me a small smile, but somehow it was filled with sadness. "We should get going." She said pointing to the stairs.

I nodded. "We should." I followed Mia up the stairs and to the right hallway. I knew this house from every door, ever corner and I couldn't help the memories that flooded back into my mind.

"Aiden." I looked up to see Mark walking towards me from the front door of his newly bought house just as I was getting out of my car. House wouldn't be a word I would use to describe this building in front of me. It was like two mansion formed into one. "I see that you made it here alright. Bit of a long drive, huh?"

Looking at Mark, you wouldn't think that he is dangerous. But looks can truly be deceiving. I forced a smile onto my face. "Yeah man, why so far out?"

"I can't have people in the city or town spying on my every move, you know?" I nodded. I guess being a powerful drug lord means that people were after you most of the time. "Come on, I'll show you around since you'll be here most of the time from now on." He said motioning towards the huge mansion. I followed him as we walked inside of his new place. It took us about a half an hour for him to show me around the place. I made sure that I focused on ever point of the house knowing that I had to memorize it for the sake of me. We finally ended up into his office, there was a huge book case behind an oak desk filled with different books, but I knew those books contain much more than pages. Mark took a seat in behind his desk and I sat in one of the plush chairs that were in front of his desk.

"So what do you think of the place?" Mark asked me looking through his desk draws.

"It's great. No one would ever suspect that a drug business was going on. Good choice." I said with a fake smirk on my lips.

Mark looked up at me with a devious smirk on his own lips. "You know I like you, Aiden." He said getting up from his chair and turned toward the book case sifting through the books. "I trust you, if I didn't I wouldn't tell you 'certain' things." He said emphasizing the word certain. I gulped heavily. I knew things that Mark couldn't even tell his main men that he trusts, things that a sixteen year old boy shouldn't know. Mark found the book that he was looking for on the middle shelves and pulled it out and opening it. In the middle of the book was section where a person can store something, it wasn't a book at all just a decoy. He pulled out a bag filled with his most popular drug, cocaine, in it showing it to me, then put it back into the book and set in on the table sliding it over to me.