Chapter 12- Weekend Fun with the Bad Boys

Chapter 12-Weekend Fun with the Bad Boys

-Emma-

The week passed rather quickly and the next thing I knew it was Friday. Aiden and I have been working on the project at his house during the week and we've made progress. If you don't count me smacking Aiden over the head countless to get back to work every time he slacks off, then yeah we've made some progress. Speaking of Aiden, something had changed in him from our talk the day after the party. He seems more, well how should I put, he seems more open and friendly? Yup that's it! Aiden Black seems to be friendlier than before. Shocker right? I know I feel the same, maybe it's something he drank or something he ate because he is not known for being friendly. I was so tempted to ask him what was wrong with him but I decided against it because I don't want him to turn cold and mean yet again. It's just I can't figure out why he's more opened up towards me, I just shrugged it off for now.

Back to reality, Derek and I were walking out the lunch room to the court yard where we meet the rest of the group. I know it's quite shocking right? Me, Emma Marie Miller having lunch with the bad asses of the school? Even I'm surprise. Don't think I ditched my best friend, I'm not that mean. Amy meets the rest of us in the court yard after class since we don't have every class together. I don't think she agrees with this arrangement and I have a feeling it has to do with Matt. I just don't get why she hates him, I mean at first he was an asshole but once you get to know him he's actually pretty cool.

Now I guess you’re wondering why Amy and I are having lunch with the bad boys, well it all started with Aiden and Derek grabbing me by the arms and dragging me outside to the courtyard with them from the lunchroom while I had stuffed my mouth with my sandwich and every time I tried to protest it would come out as a jumble of words because of the damn peanut butter sandwich I had shoved into my mouth. Matt had thrown Amy over his shoulder carried her out to the courtyard. I guess that fuel her hatred towards him even more. Aiden said it was Derek's idea, Derek said it was Matt's idea and Matt said it was Aiden's idea. I knew all of them were in that little plan to drag me out the cafeteria while everyone was watching. Their reason for lugging me outside was that I need some fresh air in my life. Really ? That was a lame ass excuse. I get plenty of fresh air in my life I breathe it every second of my life. Idiots. Every day after that incident Amy and I have been having lunch with them and I have to say that I enjoy it. Matt is the funny one, Derek is the sweet one and Aiden is the well I have no clue what he is. He's like funny, sweet and arrogant all wrapped into one. That's Aiden Black for you.

Suddenly I felt a heavy body slam into my back almost making me fall over. Then I felt arms wrapped around my neck and legs around my waist. I look back to see who the hell it was and guess what it was none other than my best friend Amy.

"Amy, what the hell was that!?" I all but yelled at her. "I could have fell and broke my face into tiny little pieces and I would have to wear a mask for the rest of my life to cover up the damage you made." I glared at her as she was still latched onto my back. Man, she's heavy. I heard Derek chuckle beside me and I turn my heated glare to him which made him zip his lips quickly.

"Sorry! I just missed you so much." she said giving me a small pout. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I just saw you an hour ago Ames." I said not believing her statement. "What's your real reason?"

She climbed off my back and smiled sheepishly at me. "Well, um, Matt is trying to kill me."

"Why?" I asked her suspiciously. "What did you do?"