Cleaved

Star sat on her bed with tears flowing from her eyes. She couldn't believe what had just happened. And she knew it was her fault. And she knows that she should apologize for what she did earlier. But after that situation she was just in with Marco, she just can't.

Defenseless. Powerless. Weak.

Those words kept echoing in her mind. Marco was right. Without her wand, she was helpless. So, with a made up mind, she walked over to the mirror on her wall. She needed to have a way to protect herself.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, call Mom."

In Marco's Room

Marco layed on his back on his bed. He didn't know what came over him and caused him to act like that.

Actually, he did.

And he hated the fact that he knew what it was. Just when he thought that they would start to get along, he goes and betrays him like that. He snarled before closing his eyes, wanting to talk to a certain entity.

A few minutes later...

Marco opened his eyes in frustration. He just couldn't call asleep!

Well duh, you are kinda one with the darkness. A voice rang in his head. He got up and pulled his sword out. Don't bother, I'm in your head right now. Also, you look pretty frustrated about something. Guess I'm pretty good at my job huh?

"You made me do that to Star!" He yelled at it.

Wrong. You did that to Star, I just pushed you to go through with it. But of course, you had to be a goodie two shoes. Always ruining my fun.

Marco sighed before laying back on his bed. He just stared at the ceiling. He had had enough excitement tonight and closed his eyes. He wasn't gonna deal with his shadow right now. Though something did keep nagging at his brain. Who is this Dusk character, and what does she want with Marco? Finally he was able to sleep, unaware of a blue light coming from underneath the floor boards that came from Star's room.

The Next Day...

Star got up and saw that her door was open. She looked across the hallway and found that Marco was gone already. This saddened her but she understood. After she was finish getting her self ready, she ran towards the school. On the way she pasted Brittany.

"Don't forget about the party!" she yelled after her.

Oh yeah I forgot! There's a party tonight! Star thought excitedly. I better remind Marco before-she then lowered her head in sorrow at the thought of him. However, before she can think about it anymore, the be rings and jolts her out of her trance. She bolts towards the school to avoid being late. She runs towards the window of her class room and jumps, bracing for impact.

Inside the classroom...

Well on one hand if I go, I might get my mind off of Star. But it would suck if she wasn't there with me. Hmm... Marco was thinking to himself before he heard a shattering sound. He and the rest of the class looked towards the window and saw a faceplated Star.

"I'm good." she said sticking her thumb up. Marco smiled at her. Somehow, she still puts a smile on his face. However, He felt a pair of eyes burning into the back of his head. He turned quickly and grabbed the hand near where his back was. He had grabbed Angel's hand and stopped her from stabbing him. The small, white dagger she had in her hand dissappeared and she pulled away and sat down. They glared at each other with Marco's eyes glowing red and Angel's glowing gold. Star sat next to Marco without him noticing. Angel stared past Marco and glared harder. Star was frightened and ducked. Marco got in her line of sight.