Long Time No See

Marco was laying down in his room on his side. He stopped crying an hour ago but his eyes were still red.

I can't believe I lost. I can't believe I lost and let Star get hurt! I said I was gonna protect her and yet I've failed. Miserably. Marco thought.

Well then, maybe its time for a little training don't you think?

Marco shot up in bed and looked around.

Shadow? Is that you?

Long time no see Marco. His shadow said as he materialized out of thin air. I've been waiting for you to come back and yet, you never did. And now its costing you. I think you need a little review on the powers of darkness. Suddenly, Marco felt sleep take over and passed out, his shadow disappearing.

In Marco's dreams...

"Huh? Here again? Why did you bring me-" then Marco pulled out his sword and blocked a strike from his Shadow.

Heh, not bad Marco. You got stronger since the last time. The Shadow complimented. His sword then began to glow with a purple aura. This oughta be fun!

Marco had to back away as a purple explosion occured and created a smokescreen. When it finally cleared, Marco couldn't believe his eyes. In his Shadow's hands was a large black sword with a sharp edge. Then the shadow charged with speed surprisingly fast for a sword like that. But surprised of not, he had to keep dodging just to avoid getting diced. He finally put enough distance between them so he could breathe.

Now you see that power of darkness is nothing to be trifled with. And this power can be yours. But only if you give yourself over to the darkness. The Shadow said. Marco grew nervous at those words. He wanted to get stronger but giving himself over to the darkness might end hindering him instead of helping. And what if Star gets hurt because of it?

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm good." Marco responded.

Heh. Bad choice Marco. You may think you're good, but if you have to fight Dusk again and you haven't gotten stronger, yoire gonna have a 'bad' time. But since you actually have been showing progress, I guess I can give you a little reward. The Shadow said while snickering.

"Reward? What do mean rewa-!" Marco couldn't move. He looked down and saw his shadow piercing him through the chest with the sword. It didn't hurt, but he felt numb.

If you ever need me, which you probably will, you know where to find me! Marco's eyes began to closed and then all be saw was darkness.

In Marco's room...

Ugh, what did he do to me? Marco asked himself. He took off his t-shirt and looked at his chest. He didn't see anything but it felt tingly.

"Hey Marco, it's time to get-" Star barged in before she stopped midsentence. Her face began to gradually turn red as she stared a Marco's chest.

"Uh Star? What were you saying? Star? Starrrr?" Marco called out. Star just stared until she fell backwards and plopped on the ground. Marco ran over to her saw that she had passed out. He sighed and changed into his clothes while she was asleep. Then he picked her up bridal style and walked downstairs. He put her on the couch and grabbed thier backpacks. He picked her up again and used his powers to vanish into a shadow into the ground.