Countdown

Diaz Residence...
Two weeks after Jenna's death

"Hey Marco! Your mom said dinner is ready!" Star announced as she knocked on Marco's door.

"Alright. I'll be down in a second." He replied from behind the door. She sighed as she slid down on his door. This was the response she got for everything for the last week. After they had figured out that it was Dusk who killed Jenna, they searched everywhere to find her. But when they asked if people had seen anyone like her, they laughed and teased them for it. Marco was obviously angry about this and was about to hurt them, but Star interfered and stopped him. And then proceded to give the people who insulted them nightmares for a few weeks. But having to deal with people like that for a couple of days finally got to him and he eventually broke down.

He hasn't eaten or showered for the last week or so! When is he gonna come out again? We can't just give up! I hope this doesn't involve what I said a few days ago...Star thought to herself as she covered her head in shame.

-flashback-

Marco and Star had just got back home from school. They were gonna call Angel to come and help search again for Dusk. PH had passed on it and was sleeping upstairs.

"Hmm...where should we search next? I mean, we've asked everyone at school, we've asked around town, we've even snuck into police records and we still got nothing!" Marco exclaimed. He walked around in circles in frustration.

"Hey come on now Marco! I'm sure we're close to something. Maybe we're looking in the wrong places?" Star suggested. Marco turned towards her with a glare.

"Looking in the wrong places? How!? We've looked everywhere! What place haven't we checked!?" Marco yelled, his red eyes flaring a bit.

"Call down Marco! Yelling isn't going to help." Star responded calmly.

"Oh? And I suppose sitting and eating nachos all day will help right!?"

"It's brain food Marco! And sometimes it's good to take a break. Which is exactly what you need." Star told him. He looked in the bathroom mirror. His eyes had black circles around them and they looked red.

"I'm fine Star. I don't need a break." Marco denied.

"Well you at least need to eat! Look at you! You're skinnier than a pencil!" Star pointed out. Just then, Marco's stomach growled and grimaced as he held it. Star went over to him but he held his hand out, stopping her.

"I can't stop Star, I can't. If I give up, no one will do it. I'm the only one who can find her." Marco told her.

"But Marco, what's the point of trying to find Jenna's killer when you're killing yourself?" Star asked. He looked away from her and sighed.

"Shut up Star." He told her. She gasped a bit but settled down before the waterworks came. She knows how upset he gets when someone tries to talk him out of this.

"Marco...please." she said as she put a hand on his shoulder.

It's not worth it...

Marco's eyes flared and he stood up straight. He glared at Star and she stumbled back. He walked over to her and raised his fist. Star knew this was coming and she was prepared to take it. However, that didn't mean she wasn't afraid. She closed her eyes in anticipation...