Star's Training

Marco was used to Star's loud and often obnoxious wake up calls, but today was a little different seeing as how she wasn't the only one being loud and annoying.

"I'm telling you, now that he's just like Cheetah, Mars can just teleport home!" he heard Star's voice ring out.

"There's no way! You think just cuz he's red now he can do every single thing that Cheetah can? That's naive and wishful thinking Star." Janna's voice rang out. Marco sighed as he got up and figured out what they were yelling about. Star's new favorite show, Rocky Galaxy, recently had a special callled 'Needed'. And as it turns out, Janna is obsessed with that show as well. So now he's been having to listen to them argue about what's gonna happen to Mars.

"Ugh...How do they have so much energy in the morning?" Marco asked as he pulled himself out of bed and got changed. He walked downstairs wear just as he thought, the girls were sitting on the couch yelling. He tried to ignore them and make himself some cereal before Star noticed him.

"Oh hey, good morning Marco!" Star greeted with energy as usual.

"Sup nerd." Janna greeted with her snarky voice.

"Mornin..."Marco responded as he poured the milk but almost dropped it as he realized he poured too much and now the cereal was drowning in milk. Suddenly Star pipped up and hopped over the couch and ran towards him, startling him.

"So umm Marco? There's something I wanted to ask you about." Star told him.

"Look Star I told you that I don't care about that show when Physics Rises is clearly bett-"

"I want you to train me." she told him, making him stop lifting his spoon to his mouth.

"You want me to what?" Marco asked as he got anxious.

"I want you, Marco Diaz, to train me, Star Butterfly." she told him again. He set down his spoon and faced her.

"Why?" he asked. He already knew the answer but he wanted to check.

"Because...I wanna be able to help you when you need me. And I don't always wanna be the damsel in distress. I wanna be able to save you for once." Star told him.

"Umm...well I'm not sure Star. I can't really just teach you how to use darkness." he told her.

"Oh, I'm not trying to learn how to use it. You and Janna already got that part covered. I just wanna you know, spar. Fight each other but not at full power but enough to get stronger, you know?" Star asked him. Marco rubbed his chin in thought.

Marco thought to himself about this. Hmm...training isn't a bad idea, but what if she gets hurt? I don't wanna take that chance but...he looked at Star and saw the determination in her eyes.

"I don't know Star, I dont wanna risk hurting you on accident." Marco told her. She scoffed at him.

"C'mon Marco, I'm sure I can handle myself pretty well against you. And plus, we'll have Janna and Angel there to make sure nothing goes wrong." Star told him as Janna got a surprised look on her face.

"Woah woah woah. I didn't agree to this." Janna objected.

"Neither did I."

...

"Umm...did anyone just hear Angel's voice just now?" Star asked. Marco looked around before going to the front door and opening it and looked outside. He saw Angel ducking under the window sill and jumped in surprise when Marco spotted her. She chuckled nervously and rubbed her head as Marco raised an eyebrow at her.

One awkward explanation later...

"So you've been there since this morning when Star and Janna were arguing?" Marco asked.