Twin Shadows Part 3

Marco and Jenna wasted no time and charged at each other. Jenna's shadow charged ahead of her. Marco easily sidestepped the shadow and went straight for Jenna. The shadow that passed him turned around and thrusted. Marco sensed this behind him and dodged but took his focus off Jenna. When he turned around, he was about to get slugged in the face. Luckily his shadow was there to protect him from the blow. He slid back and found himself between Jenna and her shadow.

"Tch. Talk about a rock in a hard place, that shadow of hers is getting really annoying." Marco commented.

Yeah, and the worst part is that it's almost as strong as Jenna herself. We need to destroy it. Marco's shadow said. Marco nodded in agreement with this and began to think.

"What's wrong Marco? Can't handle two of me at one time?" Jenna teased. Her shadow just emitted a chuckle similar to Jenna's. Marco ignored them and continued to think.

"I got it! We gotta cast more light in here. If we can cast light between Jenna and her shadow, it'll grow weaker. Then we can finish it off for good." Marco explained.

It's not a bad plan, but how are we gonna cast light at all? We use darkness remember? The shadow told him. Marco bit his thumb at this. He hadn't thought of a way to create light. His eyes started to blur as the sun hit them square on.

Wait, the sun! That's how we'll separate them! Let's go! Marco had thought as he ran towards Jenna's shadow. But at the last moment he jumped over her and went outside.

"Oh no you don't Marco! You're not getting away from me this time!" Jenna yelled as she and her shadow chased after Marco.

"I hope this work because if it doesn't? We are so screwed." Marco had said nervously.

With Star

"Come on, Come on! Why is this taking so long!?" Star complained flying through the air. She saw the catherdral in the distance but even flying it was gonna take a few more minutes. Minutes that she didn't want to waste.

"Ugh, why can't I go faster! I need a faster was to move or maybe a way to extend the distance?" Star thought to herself.

"You rang?" a voice said from under Star. PH in her human form was giving her a ride which seemed much faster than using her wand.

"Pony head? But I thought you were-"

"Pssh, that earthturd got the drop on me I'll admit. But that will be the last time he does. When we see him, after we beat this Dusk character, I'm gonna give him what he deserves." PH told Star. Star chuckled at this.

"Thanks Ponyhead." Star said. After a few seconds of flying, an explosion went off at the cathedral. Ponyhead growled while Star gasped.

"Star, use you're wand behind me!" PH told Star. Star looked confused for a second before finally getting PH's plan. She pointed her wand behind her and fired, giving PH an extra boost of speed.

"Hold on Marco, I'll be there soon so please hold on." Star had pleaded.

Back with Marco

"Gah!" Marco shouted in pain as he was thrown against a wall. He had made it outside but Jenna had put her shadow away.

"Come on Marco, did you really think I would fall for a truck like that? Please, as if." Jenna taunted him. Marco stood up and leaned on his sword. His plan had gone horribly wrong. Not only has sunlight not weakened Jenna, it's given her more room to move. Marco is too weak to move around that much and this form of his isn't going to last that much longer.