Recovery

The hospital was silent at night. The only sounds you would hear at night are the cracking of the shoes of the people working there, the occasional heel of a heart monitor( or the sound of it flat-lining), and the quiet whispers of nurses to doctors. But tonight was different as two patients were rushed to two separate rooms. And one of those rooms were for emergencies only.

With Marco...

Ugh...why does everything hurt? He thought as he tried to sit up but grew weak at the last second. He grew annoyed and tried again but felt something hold him down. He looked down and saw an IV in his right arm. He observed his surroundings and realized that he was in a hospital room. He saw a TV in front of him. He reached for the remote but couldn't grab it. So he sighed as he created a mini portal for his finger to go through. He hit the power button and it showed the news. He saw the headline and immediately grimaced.

Assault Suspect and civilian show up at hospital in wounded state.
Civilian at risk of bleeding to death.

Marco sighed and covered his face in his hand. He knew it was about him and Angel. But he then panicked at the second part of that headline. Risk of beeding to death. Marco didn't hesitate as he pulled his IV out and got out of bed. However as soon as he did, the door opened. A nurse walked in with a clipboard and saw him standing.

"Excuse me sir you shouldn't be-" Marco's eyes turned red and glared at her. Her expression grew blank as her eyes turned red.

"Tell me where Angel is." he demanded.

"She's on the first floor at EM room 12. She just awoke after her surgery. No one is in there right now." the nurse answered almost like a machine.

"Good. You won't remember this happened and you will think that you already checked on me." Marco told her. She nodded and stepped out the room closing the door behind her. Marco then found his clothes in the room and changed out of the hospital gown they put on him. He closed his eyes and traced down where Angel was. No one else was in the room with her so he made a portal and hopped in it. He had to make up for his mistake and apologize to her.

Angel's room, before the event in Marco's room took place...

Angel opened her eyes slowly to see a blinding light above her. She shielded her eyes and sat up slowly. Her stomach started to ache as she did so she layed back down and looked around her room. She knew that She was in a hospital room. But she also noticed that it was more decked out than usual. She inferred that she must be in an emergency room. That would explain why her stomach was aching and why there was a bandage wrapped around it. She tried to sit up again but felt a hand push her back down. She saw a doctor with his clipboard.

"Ok Ms. Angel, can you please tell me what caused this injury?" the doctor asked. Angel was going to tell him but thought that he would call her crazy. So she gave him a more reasonable answer.

"I don't know." she answered while shrugging. She sweated while smiling, the doctor eyeing her suspiciously. She swore that she heard something about 'memory lost'. She sighed as he bought the bait.

"Alright well I'll check on you in about an hour, so you get some rest ok?" the doctor told her. She nodded and he walked out of the room. She sighed and layed back. This made her grimace as her wound ached again. However, as soon as she closed her eyes, she felt a dark presence about to arrive. So she hid under her sheets and created a white dagger. She heard the door open but in a way that no one should know it was opening. So she waited until the presence pulled the covers back and...