forty one

Braelynn

After I was halfway done packing my things, I got tired. Not tired, but really really bored. I had hoped that me and Camari could've packed and listened to music and just have fun like we usually did, but she was busy with school, and at the end of the day school was the most important thing at the end of the day. Like she said, I'd see her later.

But I was tired, and I needed a fucking break. I dialed Ron's number, knowing that he'd willingly go get some frozen yogurt with me.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um, what's up?"

"Nothing just... Chilling."

"Oh," I nodded,"Would you like to go get some frozen yogurt and yknow... Hang?"

"Umm," he paused,"I'd love to."

"Great--"

"But," I groaned as he finished speaking,"I've already committed my time to someone. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes. I'm so sorry, I know its your last day here."

I frowned,"Ok bye." And I hung up. I groaned and flopped on my bare mattress. "Braelynn you're so fucking lame, no one wants to hang with you!" I shouted to the ceiling, not realizing how dumb I looked.

I finished packing and laid on my mattress again.

My phone beeped. "Don't even look at it," I told myself,"It's probably no one. Probably just mama checking in," I crossed my arms. 10 minutes later and it beeped again. And it continued. I finally gave up and looked at my phone.

Camari 👑: aye bitch

Camari 👑: come on now ik u have your phone .

Camari 👑: B R A E L Y N N

Camari 👑: ig u don't wanna hang w me before u go 😢 its coo

>>> noooo!!

>>>I do wanna hang I'm bored as hell 😒

Camari 👑: that's the spirit 😙😊

Camari 👑: meet me in the girls lounge so we can watch movies and eat snacks and trash Justin lmao

>>>> okomw now.

Justin

After a few hours of walking around and collecting my thoughts, I knew what I was going to do. I knew what I was going to say to Braelynn to let her know I was deeply sorry for hurting her the way I did. I wasn't gonna go to her party, cause I knew the second I laid eyes on her I would burst all my emotions out, and then her party would turn to a big sob story. And I didn't want to ruin her last day here.

Braelynn

"This bitch not even here --"

"Surprise!" I flinched at everyone jumping out of nowhere and screaming, but then I smiled when I realized what was going on. A surprise party.

"For me?" I smiled and covered my hand on my chest in mock awe. Camari ran over and hugged me,"Its your going away party. You couldn't go out without a bang."

I cheesed and squeezed her tighter,"Thank you, C. You're the best."

"Well she didn't do it by herself," I turned and saw Jaden with a smirk on his face. Standing behind him were Andrea and Ron. I smiled and gave Andy and Jaden a hug. "Thank y'all."

When I got to Ron I smirked and crossed my arms. "This was your commitment you had to go to, huh?"

He chuckled,"Actually, I was already here when you called. But I was honest, I would've loved to eat some froyo with you," he smiled. I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me right back,"Thank you, Ronnie."

"Anything for you," he kissed my forehead. I excused myself and mingled around the room, sipping on punch and laughing and talking to my friends and classmates. We danced, sang and had a great time. That's when I knew that this school had a deep place in my heart.

"You wanna dance?" Ron asked me while I was sitting down, talking to some of my girls. "Uh, sure," I smiled as he took my hand and led me to the middle of the floor. I turned around and caught Camari winking at me, and before I knew it, a slow song was playing.

I couldn't help but chuckle and Ron looked at me curiously,"What? Don't wanna dance with me?" He smiled. I quickly shook my head,"That's not it," I laid my hands on his shoulders. "Of course I want to dance with you."

He rested his hands on my hips while we slow danced to the song, him smiling at me. I eventually felt myself blush. "What?"

"You're so beautiful," he said in almost a whisper. I smiled,"Thank you."

"I can't believe you're leaving so soon," he shook his head,"Like damn. You're definitely gonna be missed at graduation."

"I know," I teased,"But I'll be there in spirit with y'all. And I'll never forget anyone I met at this school, including you."

"What about Lucas?"

"I'll definitely remember Lucas," I mumbled. He laughed and we continued to dance. "I've dreamed of doing this since the first day I laid eyes on you," he smiled, twirling me around.

"What?" I grinned. "Dance with me?"

"No, this," he pressed his lips against mine, catching me by surprise.

Justin

Just as I found the courage to go and speak to Braelynn, I saw something that made my heart sink.

Her and Ron kissing.