forty three

3 years later....

Braelynn Chester.

"I can't believe you're turning 21!" I screamed, on the phone with my bestfriend. "Yes, girl. We're gonna be partying it up in Manhattan! Wait, you're still coming, right?"

I scoffed,"Of course I am. I haven't seen you in two months," I smiled.

"How's Nate?" She asked. "He's good," I said assuringly.

"That's good. Tell him I said he better come," she chuckled. "He's not here, he had a business meeting to attend. But you know he'll be there, he loves you, C."

"Good. So, how does it feel to be nominated for a Grammy?" She asked. I grinned from ear to ear,"It feels so unreal."

"We walking the red carpet together right?"

I chuckled,"You wanna third wheel with me and Nate?"

"Girl," she laughed,"Fuck Nate. He stole my girlfriend!"

I laughed and kicked my feet up on my leather couch. "How's Jaden?"

"Jaden is doing good," she said honestly. "He got me praying with him every night that they make it to the Super Bowl."

I laughed,"Well I'm praying with y'all."

"Thanks girl, they need all the prayer they can get." I heard another voice in the background and she mumbled something back to them. "Hey, uh, B. I'll call you back."

"Okay."

"Alright, love you girl," she clicked off.

Camari

"Well, well, well, if it isn't anyone but Justin Bieber," I smiled and gave my brother a hug. "How are you, you 3 times Grammy winner," I smiled at him.

"I'm great, just hoping that I win my fourth Grammy," he chuckled, taking the glass of wine off the plater that one of my servants offered.

"That's amazing, J. You've gotten so successful during these last 3 years," I congratulated him. "Yep, that's what happens when you work hard. I've never stopped grinding since graduation." Although Justin didn't win a record deal through the contest like Braelynn, people heard about him anyway and someone reached out to him and got him signed too. The rest is history.

"That's good. Mama would be so proud of you. Daddy is too, believe it or not," I told him. "Yeah, I know he is. We've talked."

"Really?" I was surprised. "Yeah, we got our relationship straightened out. I'm a grown man now, there isn't any sense in holding a grudge with him."

I smiled and pat his shoulder,"Good to hear. What have you been up to?"

"Well, I was in Paris for a couple days, but I left and took the next flight out to Manhattan, just because I knew you were planning your birthday," he grinned and sipped his wine. "Yep, this one has to be bigger than the last."

"Why do your parties always have to be so huge?" He chuckled. "Because I'm a person who lives for those type of things," I smiled,"Come on, you enjoy my parties," he nudged me.

"You only do this because you're filthy rich," he smirked,"Who knew Calvin Klein could get you so far?"

"Oh, about that! You're still modeling for us right?" I made sure, making a note on my phone. He nodded,"Of course. I know this can get you a huge promotion."

"Yeah," I nodded,"So don't fuck this up, alright?"

He laughed,"I got you sis."

"So, you still single?" I asked. He nodded,"Yeah. I don't want a girlfriend right now," he said quietly.

"Come on, Justin. Maria would want you to move on."

"I don't want to," he snapped,"Just not right now, ok? Her death isn't gonna haunt me forever, okay? I'll eventually move on."

"Fine," I sighed. I knew where he was coming from. He and Maria were together for 2 years, and then she died a couple months ago from a car accident. It hurt him pretty bad, and he was in a bad place. I knew it was gonna take a while for him to get over it and move on, I mean, they were in love. You would think they were together for 10 years, not 2. Justin planned on spending the rest of his life with Maria, but it didn't turn out that way. "Sorry I brought it up."

"It's cool. Is she coming to your party?" He asked.

"Who?"

"Braelynn."

I nodded,"Yeah." He knew that I've remained in contact with Brae, but I know he hasn't.

He took the final gulp of his wine and sat the empty glass on the platter. "Good to know." He kissed my cheek and walked out.