Chapter Three

+++++

Chapter Three

I held in the tears, well, the majority of them that is.

Quickly wiping away the few that had escaped, I struggled to calm myself down. My heart was going much too fast for my liking and I felt light headed and nauseous.

Why did Sebastian King want me?

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying to block out everything.

"You look insane."

My eyes flew open and I looked up into the eyes of the vilest person I had ever met in my entire life.

Courage coursed through my veins and I found myself standing up, my expression hardening and my hands forming fists.

"So what does this mean?" My voice was eerily calm, a sign that I was on the verge of having a breakdown.

He eyes trailed over me before he finally spoke. "This means, that you will now be a part of the Kings."

I felt the air leave my lungs and my vision falter.

"W-Why? Why would you want me?" My voice rose as I began to become hysterical. "I'd be no help to your gang! I-I don't understand why-"

"Why I want you?" He cut in, taking a step closer. I found myself stuck between him and the desk again.

"Maybe, little Evelyn, I don't want your help," he whispered, "Maybe I just want you."

I completely lost it.

"You can't possibly be serious, can you?" My voice was high and shrill as I struggled to fight past him. "You're sick! Y-You're mad, Sebastian, you are!"

I shook violently as he easily captured me within his arms, pinning my arms to my sides. I thrashed about, screaming and begging for help.

The door burst open, revealing a very concerned Danny, surrounded by the rest of the guys who had been in our living room.

Shockingly, even Mason and Callum had a sliver of worry on their faces, their eyes darting from mine to Sebastian's.

"What did you do to her?" Danny said, taking a step towards us.

Sebastian scowled and released me, allowing me to rush into the open arms of my brother.

"I did nothing," Sebastian stated, "It's not my fault that she's gone mental."

I clutched onto Danny, desperately trying to calm down as I buried my head into his chest. He held me comfortingly, something he hasn't done since I was a little girl.

"Please don't do this to me," I gasped out. "Don't let him take me."

I jumped at the sound of Sebastian scoff from behind me.

"You know, for someone who has such a high ranking position and well known reputation, you're pretty weak."

Fucking hell.

I tore myself away from Danny's arms so quickly that he nearly fell over. My breathing had increased, but not out of fear. No, this time it was purely due to the amount of rage I was feeling. Pretty bi-polar, right? Ever since I was younger, I was known to go from one emotion to the next.

"Don't you dare," my voice shook and I narrowed my eyes dangerously at his amused figure. "You're a fucking asshole, you know that, right?"

Instead of getting angry by my words, Sebastian only raised his brow and remained silent. I took this as a sign to continue, so that's exactly what I did.