Chapter 6

Ok, deep breaths, Adrien thought to himself, as he prepared to get tranform for his biggest battle yet.

There have been twelve reports of people seeing Cœur Sombre around Paris. She must be looking for Chat, or Adrien. She must not have cared who she found first, as long as she got what she wanted.

"Adrien?" Plagg said impatiently, getting the boys attention, "you said 'its time to transform' five minutes ago"

Five minutes, had it really been that long? He couldn't deny that he was nervous. I mean, how could you fight someone without hurting them.

"Yeah, sorry. Plagg, claws out!" His kwami was sucked into his ring and Adrien now stood as Chat Noir. "Ready?" He asked Tikki.

"Always" she replied with a forced smile. He put on his signature smirk,

"Lets go, try to keep up" He challenged, trying to lighten the mood.

They both escaped the house and ran towards the location of the last reported sighting of Dark Heart.

Chat landed ontop of the building, followed by Tikki hovering at his side.

"At this rate she could be anywhere" Chat worried.

"Not all true, you destroyed her yo-yo, so she can't get around very fast" Tikki advised.

Chat thought for a moment and ran off in one direction, using his staff to help get around.

Minutes past and Chat wondered if he was too late. Then he saw her; running along the top building across the street.

Chat gripped his staff, before extending it and launching himself over, so he was now on the same side as her.

Dark Heart noticed that she was being followed and she was not in the mood for dealing with him. She had to seek out her revenge.

She jumped onto the next building and skidded to a stop as Chat did the same. She got into a fighting stance ready to attack. Chat almost did the same thing, but he had to remember that this was still Ladybug, so instead, he clipped his staff to his back and looked at her.

"What's the matter, you're not becoming a scaredy cat are you?" She taunted. Chat continued to stare at her, almost as if he were afraid to answer her. "Come on Chat, aren't you going to fight me?" Chat held his ground,

"No" he said simply.

"Suit yourself" She didn't give time for Chat to process her words, she ran up to and began to attack him. He managed to move out of the way in time. But he still didn't attack. She went for another attack and another, but she couldn't manage to to even touch him.

He didn't even defend himself, just dodged, as if he was afriad to touch her; as if he were to do so it would be like using his power: she would break into nothing and she would be gone. Forever.

"Ugh! You stupid cat, fight me!" She yelled, not wanting her powers to be taken away.

Chat had grown tired of this, as a wave of energy and courage ran through him.

He fought her off until he was able to hold her down, by pinning her hands up next to her head against the nearest wall.

"No! I'm not going to!" Chat yelled, looking at her eyes.

She tried to free her arms, but Chat just slammed them back onto the wall.

"I'm not going to fight you, because i dont want to hurt you." She stopped struggling and looked him "..i'm not going to hurt you, Ladybug" he repeated, but that name struck a cord with her.