Chapter 8

"This is all for you" he whispered before running away from her.

He ran as fast as he could. She didn't follow him. Good. He didn't want her to. He didn't want to do something like that to her again. He almost let the akuma take over him and he hated that he almost let it happen.

He continued to run over the top of buildings, as the night got darker. He landed on the next building and stumbled on his landing, tripping and falling on his hands and knees. His breathing was heavy and quick from running, he wanted to make sure that he lost her, and he did.

Suddenly a sharp piercing noise rang through his head, causing him to yell out in pain.

"You didn't take her miraculous!" Hawkmoth's voice yelled.

"UGH! Stop it!" Chat begged, almost pulling out his hair. "Stop it! Stop it!"

He let out breaths of relief when the pain stopped. He took time to recover before running back to Hawkmoth's lair.

When he was there, he couldn't stop thinking about the look on Ladybug's face. She was so terrified, she probably thought he would actually drop her.

Chat could never forgive himself for what he had done. He needed to talk to her, before it was too late.

He pulled out his staff and contacted Ladybug,

'Stay safe' he typed. He remembered the cost of what he was doing and thought of her coming after him. That can never happen, if she wanted to stay safe, she'll keep far away from him. '...and away from me' he added and hit send.

He hoped he wasn't to late. She probably thought he was monster after all he has done, but in the end, he didn't care. She was ok and that's all that matters.

He heard footsteps behind him and he turned around to see Hawkmoth, only to be knocked to the ground.

"Her miraculous and life was in your hands and you ran away!" He went to hit him again, but Chat blocked his staff with his own, using every bit of strength to push him off and was successful. He stood up ready to fight.
"What about our deal?" Hawkmoth ask, though it sounded like a threat.

"Yeah, our deal was: I take her place, work for you and she is left alone! She doesn't need any part of this hell you cause!"

"Exactly, you work for me; meaning, if I want you to get her miraculous-" Hawkmoth tried to explain.

"I won't do it! That means it involves her and that I would have to fight her and possibly-" he hesitated before saying the one thing he was scared of doing, "-hurt her...that's not a part of our deal!"

Hawkmoth raised his staff so the end of it was on Chats throat, causing him to clench his teeth. He didn't move, push it off or even flinch, he just continued to give Hawkmoth death glares and dirty looks as he spoke.

"You're going to do as I say, or else-" he pushed his staff harder onto Chat, causing the sharp edges to draw a bit of blood, but he didn't care. "I'll take your miraculous instead" he quickly slid the staff off of Chat's neck, making the cut grow bigger and more drops of blood dripped out, but he still didn't care.

Hawkmoth walked away, thinking he had made his point.

"Do it." Chat said, making it sound like a challenge.

Hawkmoth stopped, not sure if he was hearing him properly.

"Do it, take my miraculous. I don't care" Chat challenged, making Hawkmoth face him and give him a questioning and confused look. "You can take my power, you can break my soul, take my life away, hurt me, beat me, kill me, I don't care! But love for the love of god, just dont hurt her!" Chat begged.

"...You really love her don't you?"

Chat kept his stance and his hard gaze on him.

"With all my heart" he confessed, his voice sounding dark.

They both stood there for a moment, each other waiting for the other to do something.

Hawkmoth was the one to break the, disturbing, intense, silence with a laugh.

"I think your love for this girl is clouding your mind. You won't, really, do anything for me while she's around. She's too much of a distraction" Chat prepard to attack him. If he was threatening Ladybug, he threatened Chat as well and he would do anything to keep her safe. "I think it's time you let go of these feelings" Hawkmoth finished and raised his hand to Chat.

"No wai- AAGGHH!"

"Don't bother fighting it Chat, you and I both know your not strong enough for this"

Chat didn't want to admit it, but he was right. He was never able fight off the power of akumas and even if he did it would take over him again. He can't remember the last time he was full of hate, but his kwami told him it enough to know that it didn't go to well.

Chat used all his strength to fight off the evil. He tried to think of the things that kept him sane; his firends, his mum and even Ladybug but the pain was way too much, both physically and mentally.

"I'm going to rip apart every piece of humanity you have left. I'm going to rip it to shreds!" Hawkmoth threatened, forcing on the akuma more.

He was on the ground now, clawing at the hard, cold surface, still screaming and even crying a little while he struggling to stay sane. He couldn't loose his humanity. If he was akumatized, he would be a puppet of Hawkmoth and he would make him do his dirty work for him. But the one thing he feared most: was going after her. He wouldn't be in control and he could hurt her and then he would never be able to forgive himself, even if it was a scratch.

Chat was starting feel the hatred and he tried to block it off...

But then he remembered something, he made a promise and that he was willing to do anything to keep that promise...

"No matter...what the, ugh, cost" he said through clenched teeth.

And then he let go. He stopped fighting, this being the last thing he'll remember.

"I love you" he whispered, only loud enough for him to only hear as dark aura spread from his chest and covered him, until he was in a new uniform.

The dark aura covered and left his body and Hawkmoth smiled at his accomplishment.

"Now, Chat, when you see Ladybug...what will you do??"

He hesitated before answering.

"...destroy her!"