Chapter 13

Hours had gone buy, but she continued to fight Chat. Her body, like their last battle, was completely damaged from head to toe, she was weak, but she didn't have a choice. If she wanted to beat him, she had to fight him.

He lunged at her with his baton and she caught it before it could hit her. They both used their strength to push the satff towards the opponent.

"Give it up, bug, you'll never beat me!" Chat warned as he added more force on to the baton, causing ladybug to start giving in to his strength.

"Yes i will!" She said with confidence, pushing back on the staff so it was even again.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" He hissed.

"By breaking your akuma!" Ladybug announced.

She knew he knew she was right. It was the one thing that could put an end to Chat Blanc. He would loose.

"Dont you mean, your akuma?" Ladubugs widened in horror at his comment. "Face it, your the reason i'm like this. If you hadn't gotten akumatized, i would be ok. But now.." he chuckled "i'm a monster. And it's all because of you" he said loud enough for her to hear.

Ladybug twisted the baton between them, so he was away from her. He laughed in amusment.

"You know it's true, bug! It's all. Your. Fault!" He taunted.

Out of rage, she ran over and tried to attack him. But he was too fast and doged her before shoving her to the ground. She looked up to him and smirked and he gave a confused look in return. She held out his bell in her palm, showing him that she had won, and smashed it in her hands.

The akuma flew out and she de-evilized it. She released the white butterfly and looked over to Chat. But something was wrong. Chat Noir wasn't standing there, Chat Blanc still was.

"W-what? How!? You should be-!?"

"You still don't get it do you!?" He said, his voice sounding mad as if he were annoyed with her. "Chat Noir, is gone!! All thats left of him is me! This monster! And there's nothing you can do to help that!"

Marinettes eyes flew open and she jolted up on her bed. She calmed down her breathing and burried her face in her hands, rubbing away the sleep that had formed around her eyes.

"Another nightmare?" Tikki asked. Marinette simply nodded, not being able to talk yet.

She tossed her covers off her body and started to climb down her ladder, only to quickly regret her fast actions as she got a reminder of what state her body was in. All the pain she felt yesterday had come back, shooting up as if it was happening all over again at that moment; the cuts burning and the bruises pulsing. She winced at the pain then, slowly, continued to make her way down the bed.

She hit her hard floor and the pain continued to stay with her. She could barely get out of bed without pain, how was she going to survive the whole day? She bit her lip and tried and get dressed and prepare for school. It took longer than usual.

"Marinette, maybe you should stay home today. Get some more rest and try to heal" Tikki advised, but she continued to gather her things for class.

"I can't Tikki, i've already missed so much, i can't afford to get behind everyone else, my parents could ground me again." Marinette explained.

"But you need to get more strength for the next fight with Chat Blanc, whenever that may be"

Tikki made a good point. Even though they know how to beat him, it still wasn't going to be easy to fight him. She had to get close enough to him to be able to rip the bell off his chest and destroy it and Marinette had a feeling that it wouldn't be as easy as her nightmare.

The memory of her nightmare sent chills down her spine. What if it was true. What if capturing and purifying the akuma wasn't enough? She pushed away her doubts, but they still lurked in the back of her mind waiting for the right moment to come back again.

Tikki was right. Blanc could attack Paris at any time, she had to be ready. It would also be suspicious if Marinette was gone every time Chat showed up.

Marinette put her bag back down and went down stairs to her parents, she had to get them to believe she had to stay home.

...

Chat stared out the framed window, dazed by his thoughts.

Hawkmoth would be here soon and he wasn't looking forward to it. He would probably beat him again, he knew that much. He was annoyed with himself also, he had her cornered up against the wall, cataclysm at ready. He was winning. But when he went to touch her, a voice in his head screamed 'no!' and his hand moved without his command, he didn't have any control over it. Like someone had pulled his hand away from her and put it to the wall.

As if he didn't want to really hurt her.

The more he thought about it,the more he felt like that.

What was happening to him? Why was he caring about her?

He shook his head as if that would shake away the thoughts to. Then at that moment Hawkmoth entered the room.

"I dont know what happened" he rushed out before he could ask or do anything.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'? You don't how you missed what was right infront of you!?" Hawkmoth yelled.

Chat began to explain what happened and how he no control over himself.

"I don't know, exactly, what happened or how, but...when i went to finish her off, something stopped me, I didn't want to hurt her and when i missed, I was...relieved, I-" Chat trailed off, not fully sure how to explain what happened to him.

"Noir" Hawkmoth murmured darkly, cursing his name.

Before he could process that Hawkmoth even said anything, his head burst out into pain, as sirens and flames rushed to his head.

"AGH-What are you...doing!" Chat yelled through the pain.

"I got rid of your humanity once, now I need to make sure it doesn't come back!"

...

Marinette shut her trap door and Tikki flew over to her waiting for what her parents had said.

"They believe im sick for the day" Marinette informed, not proud that she was lying to her parents, but it had to be done.

Marinette jumped over to her computer and looked through recent news clippings for Chat Blanc. If he was in the streets of Paris, someone was bound to report it and it would give her his nearest where abouts.

But there was nothing, not since his local message out to her. It automatically started to play and she paused it before it could continue.

Those thoughts she tried to hide, all her doubts and fears, came back when she saw him there.

"He hasn't been sighted anywhere, he hasn't come looking for Ladybug" Marinette pointed out, slight hope in her voice.

"What if he's waiting for Ladybug to look for him?" Tikki added.

She hadn't thought about that. If it was true she might be walking into a trap.

And then he would win.

"Well...we can't wait for him to go around and threaten everyone" she said standing up.

She took adeep breath. Was she nervous? Yes.

Was she ready? She didn't even know.

"Tikki, Spots on!" She yelled, before she could change her mind.

She pulled out her yo-yo and used it to track Chat, thankfully it still worked. The green paw print flashed on her screen and with determination and fear..

She followed it.

Sorry for this chapter guys, not very good xP

I might update the next one sooner xP

Vote and comment

-sam 🐱🐞❤💚