Chapter 19: Waning Wills

The entire academy was in a state of shock at the proclamation of the new tournament. All the students were still a little woozy from the gas attack but were all forced to accept the reality that their aura powers were sealed. The only ones unaffected were currently warming up and exercising in the training hall...but for two of them worries and thoughts were dominating their minds.

Saku was still thinking about Kieran's offer about join the shadow league. The supreme leader's words still rung in his mind as he stretched his arms "...we are to show the world we exist. To show we have every right to be the fighters we want to be"

"What am I going to do?" Thought Saku "On one hand, if I reject the deal...would the world really accept me? Who says they don't all fear me as well. And if I accept the deal...then...I'll be turning my back on everyone" Anastasia was also thinking

"The shadow league must sound like the perfect group for Saku. He must really be wrestling with his conscience"

Jessamine then stretched wide, making her chest bounce, and breathed out "well, I'm all warmed up now. I just wonder how we going to be paired up"

"The one fight that worries me...is the fight against the Supreme leader" said Aries

"Yeah...I know what you mean" said Mia looking at the crater still present in the training hall "That and he said two of us are going to fight him. This means he isn't lacking in confidence"

"What's bugging me is" said Saku hearing them "is what they said...at the beginning. That he wasn't expecting this many"

"So except you three" said Mia "Me, Jessamine and Anastasia weren't meant to be...immune to that gas. I wonder why that is"

"Don't bother thinking about it" said Jessamine waving her hand "we need to focus on the task at hand. All we can do is warm-up and practise" they all nodded in response.

Saku relaxed himself and stood up but still looked very troubled which Mia could pick up on "Saku...you still seem...distracted. Before you were about to tell me what was wrong. Could you tell me now?"

"Right now, I have two answers...neither one having a positive reaction" said Saku with a tone of uncertainty "either choice...means something bad. And I don't know what to do" Anastasia noted the worry in his voice

"Well...for now. Why don't you focus on the upcoming match?" suggested Jessamine "You could always make up your mind afterwards"

"Yeah I suppose so" said Saku sounding uncertain "I wonder how they are going to forecast the pairings anyway?"

"Through...large tablets" said a familiar voice

This came from Sophie who was leaning on the wall looking quite tired "the garbed men...have these large tablets to...broadcast the pairings" Saku ran to her

"Hey...you should be relaxing. Without your B.U.S your body will feel quite frail and heavy" said Saku

"I know, I know" said Sophie managing to stand up "I feel rather helpless, all I can do is cheer you on"

"Hey don't think that" said Aries "it'll be good encouragement" Sophie looked relieved "well...it's almost time. We should be departing to the nearest classroom"

"That won't be necessary"

They turned to see Kieran striding towards looking confident "I've come personally to show you the outcomes" the reception to his appearance was rather dull "jeez don't all thank me at once"