Chapter 27: Keeping the Hope Alive

Saku now stands, mildly tired, ready to resume the fight but nerves and doubt rule his thoughts having witnessed Alice's power, and the missing mountain which stood only moments ago strongly behind him. Alice however stood strong, with no sign of fatigue, as a rainbow of colours surrounds her. Alice also looks unimpressed "Saku...to continue on further would be fruitless and in your case painful"

"Sorry, but I can't go along with your plan Alice" Alice sighed and spread out her arms

"Then...come at me...Saku" Saku took this as his cue and charged forward.

Saku then began punching and striking at Alice who with, extreme, ease was simply avoiding his attacks and blows. Saku then stopped mildly panting "I couldn't even touch her"

"At this point it's pointless Saku" Saku then tried to surprise her shooting a beam of energy which, at first, appearing to engulf her, as his beam carve through the land disappearing into the distance. As Saku saw the beam disappear, wondering for a brief moment if his attack had worked, the sound of a mild thud...told him otherwise.

Saku turned round to see Alice, having just landed, looking perfectly fine. Saku's eyes widened "she...dodged an attack...at point-blank range!" Alice narrowed her eyes

"Saku...if you continue any further...you will be shown the great weakness you have. And I'd rather not do anything to you" Saku then was about to run at her

"I will beat you" but then suddenly Alice appeared, literally, next to him. Saku froze in place "That's...impossible"

"Saku..." said Alice quietly "I think...its over" then a loud thump, a knee to his stomach, echoed all around.

Saku then coughed up a volume of blood onto the grassy floor. The girls gasped at Saku's reaction while Alice grunted "pitiful" Alice then struck Saku in the chest and then struck a powerful uppercut to Saku's chin sending him into the air. Alice then jumped above him with her hands locked together. Saku couldn't recover and was smashed down to the ground.

The girls looked very worried as Saku slowly began to get up. Sophie looked at Saku getting to his knees but coughing blood again "Saku...come on get up"

"He looks really bad" said Aureline "He only got dealt four blows...and yet...he can barely stand" Aries looked worried yet serious

"Alice...is exposing the one weakness that Saku has. Or in fact...we have all"

"You've figured it out too haven't you?" said Lexi "we may have to step in"

"Why...what's the matter with Saku?" asked Anastasia

"A weakness..." said Mia slowly "That none of us...can truly rid ourselves of"

Saku got to his feet wiping the blood which ran down his chin. Alice looked annoyed "You're still willing to keep going?"

"I'll admit that hurt...but I still have some power left" Saku tensed his body to which his red and blue aura emerged. The aura looked ok but it would, slightly shrink and revert to normal size "well let's go" Saku begun by shooting a beam which Alice just deflected with a simple arm swing. Saku then rushed forward and began trying to attack her.

Alice once again was just swerving and avoiding his attacks. As Saku thrust forward another punch Alice went under his strike and put both hands on his chest. Alice then let loose a powerful blast of energy at Saku, coating the area around them in smoke. Saku came tumbling lot of the smoke and came to stop a distance away. Saku's aura faded a little and shrunk in size as he got up.