Chapter 23: The Truth Still Beyond Reach

It was the late afternoon soon after everyone had left the indoor arena with Saku and his friends having made it to Aries' dorm room. Only Lexi and Aureline won't present as they were already sleeping...from the toll of battle and the day rendering them weak and tired. Jessamine was still rather annoyed from Anastasia's recent confession "dam you princess, you just had to beat me to it didn't you?"

"Ohhh" said Anastasia in a smug manner "did I beat fire-girl to the punch? Or was it because...I took your man?" Saku felt a bit awkward

"Yes that" said Jessamine sighing "You do know how much I like dear Saku" Saku chuckled nervously "and you destroyed that chance and all. Oh well...it just means I'll have to try really hard to steal him away from you"

Sophie put her hands on her side "Jessamine do you mind giving it up?" said Sophie annoyed "just for the time being. The last thing Saku needs is you thrusting your bosom to him"

"Well...why not" Jessamine said walking to Saku and lifting up her chest "he might...you know, like it?" Saku saw her approaching closer and became very nervous

"Jessamine" said Saku nervously "they are almost touching"

"Jessamine..." said Aries who was sat on the bed with a scary smile and sinister voice "please control yourself otherwise...I may get unpleasant" a sudden chill crept into the room with Jessamine quickly stepped back

"Fine, I'll give up...for now!" said Jessamine not very happy "but listen princess" Jessamine said pointing at Anastasia "You'd better look after him otherwise I'll be taking him out from under you"

Saku breathed out in relief "so Anastasia" said Saku "You haven't explained how you managed to avoid injury...from Kieran when he struck you"

"Well...Aries said it was due to a bio-harmony" answered Anastasia "although she didn't explain thoroughly what it was. Anastasia said due to this bio-harmony you wouldn't be able to hurt me no matter how you tried" Saku turned red and looked away awkwardly

"Saku...why do you suddenly look rather embarrassed?" asked Sophie

"Well...it's exactly that, it's embarrassing" said Saku "That...and it helps me remember something from long ago"

Saku thought back to when he was only four being sat on the lap of his father. Saku couldn't recall his Dad's face...only his lips "Dad you're so strong, you could beat anyone"

"That's not quite true my boy. There is one person who I can't beat no matter how hard I try...that's your mother"

"Huh...why's that? Is mom really strong?"

"It's not the question of strength...it's because I love her" the young Saku tilted his head "in our family our aura is influenced by our feelings. When one of us feels strongly about another...we only want to keep them from harm and our power responds in kind"

The young Saku, with head tilted and finger on cheek, tried to work it out "so...if I really like someone...then even if I should try to hurt them...I can't"

"That's right" said his dad rubbing Saku's head "but...there's something important you should know. If your feelings towards a girl are incredibly strong...your aura natures may even transfer amongst each other. Like if your strong to fire, your partner will be strong to fire. Just remember...a bio-harmony will only occur if you feel very strongly towards your partner and her in you. Just protect her and make her happy" Saku's father faded into memory bringing him back to Aries room.