Chapter 13

(I'm reaaaally super sorry guys :c this update is really pointless and kind of stupid but I thought I'd try to squeeze it in here. The next chapter I promise will be better, I'm so disappointed in myself ugh)

____________

Chapter Thirteen-

____________

When they started heading off on their long journey to Hamburg the minivan was very cramped, and with all five Beatles, Alan Williams and his wife Beryl, her brother Barry, and "Lord Woodbine" riding with them, along with Georg Sterner, it made a total of ten people, which resulted in a journey that was both uncomfortable and dangerous.

And to make it even worse, their were no seats for all of them, and the band members were forced to sit on the amplifiers.

The ride to the ferry felt like years, even though it was made a little more entertaining by the jokes and funny comments made to pass the time. Paul joined in on the fun, feeling a bit better since he decided not to pay any attention to Stuart.

He was just having a good laugh and not thinking about the stupid thoughts and emotions swirling around wildly in his mind and in his heart. It was a temporary solution, but whatever kept him in good spirits for the time being was a good enough plan for him. This was suppose to be exciting and full of new adventures, not for moping.

Just ignore all of his feelings, that's what he wanted to do.

He knew it would be hard especially now when he'd always be around John, but he couldn't let his other friends see what a horrible emotional state he was in.

He'd have no explanation for it.

He couldn't help but wonder though, when he watched John nudge Stuart with his elbow mumbling something that caused both to laugh, if John knew just what pain he was causing the younger boy.

If he even cared at all that they were no longer as close as they used to be.

Probably not.

Paul sighed tiredly and switched positions once again in his uncomfortable seat when another round of laughter filled the van, so he forced out a small chuckle, pretending he had heard whatever they were all going on about now.

~

It had been easy enough for them to find St. Pauli in Hamburg. It was a busy area full of neon lights, strip clubs, bars... It was about as run down as Liverpool though from the war, but that made it seem a little bit more like home.

The five young musicians were suddenly thrown into this new scene, but it wouldn't take much adjusting, they were more than ready to live here for the next couple months, it was exciting...they'd never had this much freedom before in their lives.

When they finally found the Indra Club, they found that it was closed. It was early in the morning and they simply had no place to go, no money for a flat for the night.

After trying the doors for a second time, John scowled and kicked the ground, trying to see inside of the clubs doors and windows, looking for a sign that someone was in there.

Nothing.

Defeated, he sat on the concrete below him, looking up at Alan.

"So, what are you expecting us to do, huh? Sleep outside?" He asked in a demanding way, raising an eyebrow challengingly.

Paul sighed and looked over at their manager as well, who seemed to be in deep thought about what to do.

"Hmm, alright, I'll be back in a minute, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." Williams said, mostly to John and walked off, towards the direction of another club.

John rubbed at his eyes tiredly, in a horrible mood - first from the lack of sleep, now all this rubbish.

"This is a shitty way to start off our trip." He mumbled to himself, afterwards being kicked lightly by Stuart's boot, who was standing next to him and smirking.

"Oi, watch yer mouth, Lennon." He said lightly, seemingly still in a fine mood despite their circumstances.

Paul looked down at his feet, pursing his lips and just blocking them out the best he could. If John didn't care, neither would he.

George crossed his arms to try to keep warm and yawned loudly, his eyelids threatening to fall shut. He was doing the worst so far with so little sleep. Usually, John would make a smart comment about it being past little Georgie's bedtime, but he just couldn't be bothered to do so now.

With the cool breeze coming in and the darkness around them, they were all quite tired, and had been for a while.

It was a few more minutes when Alan came back, this time with another man beside him who happened to be an owner from a nearby club. Wordlessly, he came and unlocked the doors for them, smiling politely.

"Thanks again." Their manager said gratefully as the five boys just went on in, looking around the place. It wasn't far off from what they all had expected, it was like any other old club. What they were particularly glad for though was the warm temperature inside after being locked out in the cold.

They all wanted to stay up for a while and look around, see just what kind of place they'd be playing at, but if they wanted any sleep at all they'd have to get it now, because they started performing tomorrow.

The only possible places to sleep were the red leather seats in the alcoves, so they had to make due with what they had.

They all tried to make themselves as comfortable as they could, but it would be a long night for everyone. It had been quite an uneventful day, but tomorrow would bring new experiences to all of them, and especially to John and Paul.

_____________

El oh el

I Rlly am sorreh