Chapter 20

________l

Part twenty

________

Early morning light crept through the window at Gambier Terrace, enveloping the two lovers in it's warmth, creating a peaceful and undisturbed serenity that they shared in silence. After their long night, it was no wonder as to why they had slept so late.

John spooned his beautiful boyfriend from behind, breathing in the scent of his dark, soft, Macca-locks and nuzzling his neck sleepily. They needed more moments like these..just the two of them, peacefully slumbering after hours of groping and kissing and sucking.

Fucking perfect, John decided with a sigh.

He held Paul impossibly closer to his bare body, leaving little kisses all over his shoulder and back. Paul woke up slowly, then decided to pretend he hadn't, closing his eyes again so he could cherish their time together before they had to face the world another day.

But his slight movement didn't go unnoticed by John, who was now kissing his earlobe and began to suck on it slowly, earning a quiet laugh.

"Mornin' baby..sleep okay?" Lennon asked drowsily into Paul's ear, one of his hands creeping slowly over his waist, fingers tracing lightly across his inner thigh.

"Mm..yeah.." Paul mumbled in his sleepy haze, his eyes closed halfway with an adoring smile gracing his features. He rolled over with a sigh, giving John a little peck on the cheek.

"How long did we sleep?" John asked, taking a hold of Paul's wrist and looking at his watch. "It's about half an hour till noon." He said in his still-tired voice, looking up at the ceiling with a bored expression, humming quietly.

Paul's eyes shot open as he sat up quickly and cursed under his breath, worry written all over his face. He frowned, making his big hazel eyes appear to be even droopier than they already were.

"My dad doesn't even know that I was going to stay the night!" He said in a hurry, getting up and looking for his clothes, then remembering that they were in the living room still.

John just sat back and watched amusedly as he lit a cigarette and took a long drag from it.

"Old man Mac will be fine, luv. Just hang around for a little while, yeah?" He said calmly and patted the space beside of him, looking quite cute with his messed up hair and his half-asleep morning smile.

Paul was torn between worrying about getting in trouble and wanting to stay with John. He bit his lip unsurely, rocking back and forth on his heels and looking towards the door every now and then.

"Oh, lighten up, will ya? C'mon, baby. We can go take a shower, you'll definitely need to do that before you leave." John said in a low, inviting voice, motioning Paul to come closer.

He did, very hesitantly though, mind you. Gosh, it was nearly impossible to say no to that.

He curled up to John once again, sighing quietly. Part of the reason he decided to stay was that he was simply afraid to go back home.

Would his father scold him? Be disappointed when Paul would be too stubborn to quit the band?

He frowned and lowered his eyes, causing John to frown as well. "What's wrong, Paul?" He spoke softly, running his hands through the silky black hair.

Paul shrugged and scooted closer to his lover, keeping his eyes down. "This band is gonna work, right? Its not all for nothing, some stupid dream that's never going to come true?" He asked nervously, finding John's hand with his own and holding it securely.

"Of course it's going to work...bigger than Elvis, remember?" He was reassured, along with a sweet kiss to his temple.

Paul still didn't look up, squeezing John's hand tightly and making an effort not to look so doubtful. He managed to keep his voice at a somewhat normal tone, his face now completely serious as he mumbled

"I just don't know what's going to happen.. I don't want to be stuck in Liverpool my whole life, but my da' said-"

"Paul, you know what? Fuck 'im. You're going to be famous. We're going to do this, no matter what your dad says, okay. Just trust me, I won't let any of that happen."

John interrupted him, forcing Paul to look at him as he spoke. John's eyes had that determined look in them again, and it was impossible not to believe all of that pure sincerity in his voice.

But still, the room remained silent afterwards, both of them staring off into space and getting lost in their own thoughts.

It wasn't until around thirty minutes later when John got up, walking off towards the bathroom.

Before Paul could even ask, he heard the voice coming from the hall. "Takin' a shower, luv. Feel free to join."

_________________________

Ugh sorry it's so short

I wrote in like twenty minutes during Spanish class

Filler chapter, I suppose.

Comment, vote?