Ch.1

BLAKE'S POV

The pain was unbearable, no matter how hard I tired I couldn't get the image of him kissing that girl out of my head, yes it was just a kiss but it was an image that will forever stay imprinted in my mind. Tears streamed down my face as I drove further away from that town, the town that held so many memories many of which filled with pain, all the times I was beaten by a man I thought would look after me since his sister died, but I guess looks are deceiving same with Kayden, no matter what I chose something bad always happens to me.

Just as I thought that a loud bang fills my ears along with my truck dipping to one side, coming to a stop at the side of the road I climb out walking to the back of the truck, I notice that the back wheel has blown, sighing I walk to the trunk of the truck, unlocking the back door I pull out the spare tyre and the jack and changed the tyre in five minutes.

Throwing the busted tyre and the jack into the back, I close the boot door and climb back into the truck. Reaching towards the key to start the truck I freeze. I just stare out to the open road, 'what the hell have I done in my life that has caused me to have this hell now?' I ask myself; a single tear slips down my cheek, and not bothering to wipe it away I take a breath and restart the truck. Putting it into gear I speed down the road the grip on the steering wheel tightens as I try to hold back a scream that is threatening to come out of me.

Nine hours. That's how long I have been driving, not even sure where I was driving too, just following my gut instinct. A following six hours more of driving it was around three in the morning when I decided to stop and get some sleep, I wasn't really that hungry and I just didn't want to see anyone. I found a dirt road that lead into the forest driving for a few minutes I park allowing the trees to cover my truck, grabbing the blanket off of the back seat I throw it over myself and lay across the bench. Closing my eyes, I allow sleep to consume me.

Sleep only lasted around three hours as the sun came up and woke me as it shone in my eyes, squinting I allow my eyes to adjust to the brightness of light. Sitting up I stretch, the blanket falling from my shoulders to my waist, the light bounces off of the trees causing all the area to light up. Needing to stretch my legs, I hop out of the truck and decide to take a walk, walking down the dirt road I listen to the sounds of nature and look at all the trees around me. I walk deeper and deeper into the forest; it was so silent.

I have no idea how long I was walking for, but I stumbled upon a lake, stopping at the edge I admire the lake, looking round I see a wall of a building hidden by bushes. Intrigued by what the wall was I wander around the lake towards it. As I reach it, I have to step through some trees that are really close together and squeeze through overgrown bushes too. When I am fully able to look at the wall I saw before I'm surprised when I see an entire cabin, walking around it I see that all the walls are intact and there was a window but I couldn't see through it as it was covered in dirt and dust, I managed to find the front door, or the only door since the cabin was so small there wouldn't be a back door to go out of.

I gently push on it to see if it is open, the door moved a bit but the top hinge was broken causing it to drop and make it hard to open the door, putting more pressure on it I was able to push the door open, though the door didn't exactly stay upright, when it landed on the floor a draft of air caused a load of dust to fly up into my face making me cough. I waft the air with my hand to get rid of the dust around my face. Looking into the room all I saw was dirt, dust and dark everything. There was hardly any light in the room, I walk in, the floorboards creek and wobble under my feet, looking around I see an old kitchen and a broken-down wooden table, along with some old chairs and an amazing fireplace.

Considering it was run down, it was amazing, the other rooms were small but big enough to fit what is needed in each, yeah I was thinking of making this my own, no one has been here in what appears to be years and it was in the middle of nowhere just what I need, a chance to get away from all the crap and drama in the real life.