Ch.2

Once I signed the papers, I made my way to Mary's house, I needed to get things for Benji since the baby things at home were going to be too small for him. I left Benji sleeping in the car whilst I went into Mary's house to get a few bags of things for Benji. After half an hour I managed to get a load of his toys, clothes and essentials into bags and head out the door to head home for the night.

Thankfully with the cabin there was two rooms besides the main bedroom in which I can sort out later on for Benji if it is needed. I place Benji in the cot in the baby room and place a blanket over him, I then make my way back to the car and get the bags of things I gathered from Mary's house before settling on the couch with a book and a cup of warm milk.

Thankfully Benji slept through the entire night, I hope that my baby will do that when the time comes I smile as I place my hand on my stomach and a swift kick follows making me smile, I then frown when I realise that the child will never grow up with a father, no matter how much I really want to, I know for a fact that I can't go through everything that has happened again, I know my uncle is in prison for a really long time but there are so many things that I can already see unfolding, and I really don't want it to fully come undone.

The heat of the fire in the living room sent me to sleep, I was so warm the house was quiet and all that could be heard was the crackling of the fire and the crickets chirping outside the window.

When the sun hit the windows the light shone through waking me up, well I'd like to think that is how I woke up instead it was by the giggling and shouting from the room in which Benji was staying in, pushing the blanket off my legs I stand up and stretch I could feel some of my bones cracking from as I stretch my back and other limbs.

"I'm coming Benji" I yell through the house as I walk through the halls to his new room, when I walked in I saw him stood up holding onto the side of the cot he was previously sleeping in, "Right come on" I say as I pick him up and hold him close, I already had all the baby things in place so it was easy to place Benji in the high chair without having to fiddle about with setting it up I just had to remove the new born seat from the frame and the child's seat was right below it.

"Right what do we want to eat? Eggs?" I ask, he shakes his head "Pancakes?" again he shakes his head "How about porridge?" he nods his head eagerly and claps his hands also, putting a pan of warm milk over the hob whilst I walk over to the cupboard to get the packet of porridge oats.

When it was made I checked to see if it was warm enough before placing it in front of Benji and handing him the spoon, he was very clever for his age he has recently started to eat on his own which made it easy for me as I can clean up the place and get Benji's things together for nursery whilst he eats his breakfast.

When I dropped off Benji at the nursery I left my car there and I made my way to the hospital to visit Mary walking into the room she was in I saw her lying awake with the television on low in the corner, a tray with food on that has barely been touched.

"Hey Mary" I speak quietly as I walk in quietly. She turns her head to me and smiles at me "Come in dear" I walk to the side of the bed and sit on the chair I sat in yesterday "How are you?" I ask her as I place a hand on her frail one "I am fine dearie, how are you, is Benji okay?" I nod my head "Benji is fine he got off to nursery well and I am good, I'm sleeping more" I say with a chuckle on the end.

She nods "That will happen in pregnancy, I'm surprised that you haven't had any morning sickness that is very rare with young mothers" I nod my head "Yeah I read that somewhere, I'm lucky I guess" I say to her "Have you had any cravings yet?" she wonders I shake my head "No I always eat junk food, I'm already addicted to chips and curry, plus pizza and French fries" I laugh out she chuckles but it ends up as a coughing choking thing.