Ch.9

After dinner I made Daniel clean the kitchen and I put the boys to bed which was always easy then I made my way into the living room and switched on a movie. Daniel joined shortly after carrying two mugs of hot chocolate.

"What are we watching?" he asks me "Um, how about Camp Rock?" I had no idea how he would react, but he is a child at heart "I've been dying to see it after so long" he just rolls his eyes in amusement "Your choice, I don't really care what you watch".

I switch the channel onto the film and the beginning credits begin to roll. I think we were about ten minutes into the film when there was a knock on the door. I turn to look at Daniel and he is already looking at me with a curious face "I'll get it" I say to him and stand up I just see a cheesy grin on his face from the corner of my eye as I walk to the door to answer it.

As I reach the door my hand hovers over the handle but before I could tough it I hear a males voice on the other side of the door, "I want this place scanned, look for any traps, this girl is capable of anything" I inhale sharply taking a few steps back I turn to Daniel who was watching me curiously "Go get Benji and got into my room, there's a latch under the rug take the boys down there and follow the tunnel it will take you to a shed get in the car and go, get out of here" I tell him, Daniel jumps to his feet and looks at me in shock "No Blake you need to be with them" my hands tighten into fists "Daniel we made a deal, now go and do it" I go to the cupboard in the hall and search through the coats till I pulled out a box, opening it up I pull out a gun then throw it in Daniels direction, "It's me or the boys and I choose me now go" I shout the last word.

With one last look Daniel runs to get the boys and hopefully get out of her before the gang finds them. Taking a deep breath I open the door, Angelo was stood there with a gun in his hand and six men stood behind him also holding guns, "Blake, care to join me for a ride?" he asks with a cynical smile, I stand solid in front of him, I had no words I didn't know what to say until the words came flowing out of my mouth with no filter.

"Screw off Angelo" I begin to slam the door in his face, but he stopped it with his foot. "That wasn't a clever idea" he spoke deep and menacingly I took several steps backwards as the door slams open and Angelo walks in with his men close behind, "Search this place I want everyone, including the kids and Daniel" my eyes widen in surprise "No, don't you touch them" I yell at him Angelo turns to look at me and slaps me across the face "You have no right any more, I gave you chances and now were doing it my way" Angelo states.

A few minutes later his men come back to the hallway "They aren't here" one of them states, I take a silent breath of relief, they made it out alive and they are okay. I knew that this would piss Angelo off more as he has no leverage against me and I knew that if he had the kids he would have more or a leverage on Kayden and the boys for whatever it is they are after from them.

"They were gone before you got here" I told him, though they weren't, I wasn't exactly going to tell them that there was a secret passage way build underneath the house which lead to a cave five miles east of here which held a car and supplies of this very occasion, I planned it out just after I started receiving the envelopes, I needed a scape goat and this plan was the best I could come up with. The nest thing I knew I was on the floor and losing consciousness.

DANIEL'S POV

When Blake told me to take the kids and head to the secret hole under her room I thought she was insane, but this is my sister we are talking about anything can pop out of that mind of hers, I ended up carrying the twins in their bassinet and Benji in my other arm, walking five miles down a dirt tunnel until I reached a cave which held a car inside and loads of kid essentials.

"How did she do this?" I mutter to myself as I place the kids in the car and collect everything I need to head out of here and leave, I just hope that Blake is okay, I promised her I wouldn't leave her again and this is exactly what I'm doing.