Ch.5

It's been a quiet two months since I saw Angelo and his henchmen on my front porch, since then nothing more has happened, not even envelopes full of anything, it's been eerily quiet and I am starting to wonder what they have up their sleeve. Benji is fourteen months and I am due soon I've lost track as to when I was giving birth and to be honest I can't wait to have him, the weight is getting unbearable and I'm shocked that I haven't gotten swollen feet, though I may have spoken too soon.

Benji was getting the hang of walking he has tried running a few times and ended up on his face which made me laugh, but he's one tough kid so he just jumped right up and started walking again, the good thing about living in this place was that there was only one floor so I didn't have to worry about him falling up or down the stairs.

Right now I was currently sat outside the cottage and sat on the porch watching Benji play on a blanket in front of me whilst I go over the names I had picked out, two months ago I had fifteen I had managed to narrow it down to five but I was still unsure on what to name the baby, so I guess the name will just come when the baby is born.

Since I had decided to let the name choosing rest a while I pulled out a sketch pad I had bought the last time I was in town and decided to see if I still had the skills I held a few years ago. I had no idea what to draw until my eyes land on the lake and everything surrounding it, I smile as I look out to the lake and all that surround it.

So peaceful and quiet and all natural, it hasn't once been touched by man and it is the most beautiful thing knowing that there are some places in this cruel world that haven't touched by the evil hands of man. I had also bought some black chalk pastels to use as they gave a great effect on this old style of paper in this book.

When I look up again to the lake I get a better image in my head then begin to draw, making sure I add in every single detail of the lake, the plants that grow around the edge, the grass growing at the bottom of the trees and moss growing on the trunks. I grabbed as much detail as I could from in front of me and placed it on the page, my fingers were covered in black chalk and the light was making the image I was drawing shine bright which helped me to get the effect I wanted with my drawing.

After an hour of drawing I had finally finished the image I was after and it was much better than I expected, when I held it up in the air and the light shining behind it I compared it to the actual image, I smiled satisfied with the result, I was actually surprised at the result it was definitely better than I expected, deciding now was a good time to finish up I closed the book and placed it on the chair next to me, without touching anything I pushed myself up and walked into the house, leaving the door open so I could hear Benji if anything happened whilst I washed my hands.

"Benji" I shout through "Yea" I think he says but I it as more of a weird noise, walking back to the front of the house I stopped at the door "Do you want to go for a walk?" I asked him, we had been here for a long while and not really explored the area in which I am currently living. Benji nodded in excitement and jumped to his feet, still a little wobbly but fine. I reached my hand forward and he grabbed a hold of it and we headed into the woods to explore more, the trees were in fall and there were leaves everywhere, I let go of Benji's hand and allowed him to run a head a bit and play in a huge pile of leaves I wandered down the path behind him one of my hands resting on my huge stomach.

I kicked up some of the leaves and listened to natures noises and Benji's laughter as he ran around picking up different coloured leaves, "Mommy" he screams with a smile, I look at him with a smile also, "What's up buddy?" I say as he runs towards me he stops in front of me and bounces up and down showing me the leaves that he had collected "Oh wow, so colourful" I say to him and give his rosy cheeks a light pinch.