Hope

Theo shook Nick to get him back to life.

"Nick. Nick please,"

Theo did CPR on him but he didn't wake up. His eyes trailed down to his swollen vagina. The skin around it was teared and purple. Theo looked next to him to see the baby opening her eyes curiously.

He picked her up and rocked her small body in his arms. Tears welled up and he cried. He laid the baby on his boyfriend's bare chest and hugged them both.

All he could do was now follow Nick or stay strong with the baby. He hugged Nick for a little more and then raised his head. He looked lovingly at Nick and wondered how he got so lucky to be with him in the first place.

When Theo was about to get his mind ready about Nick, Nick twitches his fingers. Theo, surprised, grabbed his hand and kissed it repeatedly.

"Nick?"

In a barely audible whisper,"Theo,"

"Nick, you're alright! Get up now, you have to see our baby,"

"Theo,"

His other hand was lifted and he caresses Theo's face.

"Babe, get up,"

Nick gently closed his eyes again and tears dropped down. Theo planted a kiss on Nick's belly and rubbed his swollen breasts.

"Cmon Nick,"

Nick shut his eyes tightly and lost consciousness again. His face was pale especially his lifeless lips. Theo acted quickly and dialed his phone for a doctor. Theo saw Nick's vagina and saw blood pouring out of him. Somehow was definitely wrong.

After awhile, the doctor arrived and did his job.

"Mr. Theo, he lost a lot of blood and has numerous of painful tears from the birth process. We will have to move him into the hospital and check him daily to see any signs,"

"Wait, what do you mean by any signs?"

"I'm not sure he'll wake up anytime soon. We will have to see. First off we have to quickly transfer him to the hospital and get better care before it's too late,"

The ambulance came quickly and picked them up. They baby was all wrapped up in a blanket still attached to his mother. They transferred Nick onto a private room that needed special care. They cut the umbilical cord and took the baby away for a check up.

More doctors and nurses arrived, trying to prepare special care for Nick. They cleaned his legs and area and stitched up his vagina.

They attached him to a transfusion device and monitored him for awhile.

A week had passed and he still didn't wake up. Gladly the baby was fine and growing healthy. Unfortunately, the baby wasn't able to drink it's mom's breastmilk. Theo had been taking care of the baby and talked to Nick knowing he was able to wake up soon.

During the day, Nick had went out to buy a sandwich in the hospital. Wen he came back into the room, doctors, nurses, and noises were buzzing around. The device was beeping signaling that his heart rate was decreasing.

The doctors were hard to stop whatever was causing the decrease. Theo panicked and stood around hoping he would be alright. The beeping suddenly stopped and Nick slowly opened his eyes.

"Do you see this light? Follow its direction,"

Nick followed the light's movements signaling that he was alright with his sight.

"Well Mr. Theo, it seems that he is now alright. Although he does need to stay longer so we could see his further progress but besides that, he should be alright now,"

They exited the room and Theo went closer to Nick.

"Nick, babe,"

"Theo,"

"Nick, I was so worried,"

"Sorry,"

"No, no, don't be sorry one bit. I'm just glad you're okay,"

Theo sat on the chair next to his bed and held his cold hand.

"Nick, our baby grew so much. She looks like you,"

Nick weakly smiled. Theo smiled back and wiped his falling tears. Nick looked at him worried and squeezed Theo's hand back.