Lesson Two

You sighed as you closed the door behind you, entering the classroom. Everyone collectively turned to you, and you felt all their stares and met them as you looked up from the ground. Everyone had rearranged to sit with their husband/wife.

You glanced around to find an open table. There was an empty table next to Sakura and Sasuke. You pulled the chair out and sighed as you sat down, sinking into the chair that seemed well needed.

Even though Sasuke and Sakura sat together, neither of them were speaking to each other. Sakura seemed fed up with the silence and turned to you.

"So, what did she want? Who're you paired up with?" She said in her 'I'm annoyed but I'm trying not to look like it' voice.

She was probably annoyed with Sasuke, who looked as equally, if not, more, annoyed as Sakura.

Ino, who was sitting behind you shot up and bent over the table to talk to you. "Spill! Who's your hubby?"

You felt incredibly pressured as everyone quickly quieted down and turned to you, eager to hear who the last person in the class was paired up with.

"Did you get paired up with someone from another class?" Ino asked.

You weren't sure how to respond. "I-I guess you could put it that way..." You chuckled nervously.

"Who was it?" Sakura asked, now genuinely intrigued.

The class stared at you, and there was a good moment of silence before you spoke up. You mumbled who it was, but nobody seemed to have heard you.

"I'm sorry?" Ino leant forward even more to hear better.

"It's Kakashi-sensei..."

It took a moment for that to sink in.

"Eh?!" Ino looked at you with compete and utter shock.

There was a collective, quiet gasp that echoed through the room.

"Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked to be sure, "But, he's..."

"A teacher?" You finished for her, "I know, but we were paired together. We can't change it."

"But, still," Ino sank back in her seat, shock, "I would have never expected it to be Kakashi-sensei."

"Neither did I," You sighed quietly to yourself.

The class whispered to each other about this. You paid no mind. Progressively they grew louder again and turned back to their new spouses. Apparently Asuma had let them learn about their spouses instead of having the normal math lesson. Since your spouse wasn't around and was teaching another class, you sat by yourself, bored until the day finally came to an end.

The bus ride home was quiet, secluded, like it almost always was. Upon reaching your house, you were met with a deafening silence. You wouldn't say it was a nice change of environment, but it was close enough. You drowned in your thoughts that night.

Your homework was minimal, if not, none. The teachers decided to let you all have a break due to the fact that you all would be so overwhelmed with your new changes in life. They knew there would be so much on your minds that homework would be the last of your worries. Other than that, there wasn't much else to do that night, in any case.

I might as well begin to pack, I suppose, You had thought to yourself, glancing around your lonely, quiet house.

After your parents died, you had done a thorough clean out of the place. Most of the stuff was crap you didn't need, so you either donated it or just chucked it all together. After all, you wouldn't need that much stuff if it was just you on your own. However, you kept a few things for sentimental sake, like pictures and a few other things. Though, you had just stored them in a box as your heart was still reeling and healing, but you knew the scar and pain would never go away.