Lesson Ten

Within a couple weeks, your ankle had healed, and you were back on your feet. As you had sat home during the time after school, you got to thinking about perhaps getting a job. There were certainly many openings, though the cause of them was, of course, terrible. Sakura was volunteering her time at the hospital nearby, and once you graduated, you would need one anyways, especially if you and Kakashi were to have a baby, or perhaps the better term would be whenever. That would be quite the investment.

It wasn't long until you decided to apply for a position at the local library. It was a steady job with flexible hours and good pay. Soon, they called you back and offered you the job – they were pretty desperate for help. You had thanked them for their time and accepted right away, the thought of having your first job exhilarating.

That night after finishing dinner preparations, the two of you sat down together to converse over each other's days. Kakashi was aware that you were searching for a job, but he didn't yet know where you had applied or if you had any responses.

"So," You began, "I decided to apply to the library."

"Really?" Kakashi asked, a note of pleasant surprise in his voice, "The one near the school?"

He had removed his mask for supper. It was becoming a common occurrence. He felt comfortable with you, and you grew transfixed to him when he did. It was hard to tear your eyes away, but every single time you looked at him, your heart fluttered a little.

You nodded. "It's only a short walk away, so I could go right after school. It's a good first job, I think."

"Have you heard back yet?"

"Yep," You beamed, "I got it!"

"That's great!" Kakashi smiled in turn.

"Yeah, they said I could come in this Friday," You explained as you continued to eat.

Conversation continued as your stomachs both filled, and it wasn't long until your plates were cleared. You took them to the sink to begin rinsing them off before putting them in the dishwasher. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around your waist, a kiss planted on your cheek.

"Eh?"

"Congratulations, (f/n)," He said huskily in your ear, voice nearly above a whisper.

Quickly, your face heated and color rose to your cheeks, and you smiled a little to yourself. It was a little embarrassing. 

"Stop it," You tried to hide it.

"Oh, what's that?" He leaned on you a little more, hands lingering and light on your hips.

"No!" You giggled as he began to tickle you, but you tried not to give in.

He tried a little harder, a smile coming forth as well, and it was long until you were laughing loudly, struggling in his grip. He spun you around to face him, noses almost touching. You grinned. Unbeknownst to him – splash! You smacked some of the soapy water from the sink towards him. He was caught off guard, and a good portion of his shirt was now soaked.

"It's on now," He winked.

You ducked away from him as you again laughed, running to the living room as an effort to escape. He followed at your heel as you ran around the couch. He stopped mid-lap and turned the other way. You were now the one caught off guard. You attempted to turn around and go the other way, but he caught you in his arms. The two of you were panting from the sudden outburst of running, eyes locked.

You stood on your tippy-toes and pecked him on the lips. "You win," You said, breathlessly.

"Well, what do I win?" He asked smugly, leaning little more towards you.