Lesson Three

"Is that everything?" He asked as he placed a box in the back of his trunk of his car.

You nodded, bringing the last thing out and shutting the door behind you, leaving your house for the last time.
He took it from you and placed it with the rest of your stuff and closed the trunk.

"I was somehow expecting more," He commented as he climbed in the car.

You shook your head and sat in the passengers seat, buckling up. "No, that's everything. I've never really needed that much."

He quietly laughed. "I can see that."

"Um, Sensei?"

"Hm?"

"Is it really okay to move in with you?" You asked as he pulled away, and you took one last look at your house out the window as it grew farther and farther away into the distance.

"Of course."

You looked up towards him, unsure of whether or not he genuinely was fine with you moving in. After all, from when you filled out the form in Tsunade's office and when he gave you those rides home, it almost felt as if he was just doing it as if he was just doing to go through the motions of this forced marriage and that he didn't want to deal with any of this at all.

"What is it?"

He glanced down at you and it seemed he noticed your expression, which, unbeknownst to you, had betrayed you slightly and reflected your thoughts.

"N-nothing," You lied.

"Is something on my face then?"

"No," you gave a small laugh and turned your head forward.

"Would you tell me if there was?"

"Yes," You answered earnestly.

"Then would you tell me what's wrong?"

He got you.

"Well, it's just I want to make sure you're completely fine with all of this," You frowned and looked down at your hands in your lap, "I don't want this to be something that you think you have to do this when you don't really want me around."

He pulled up in the parking space and turned towards you. He gently ruffled your hair and chuckled, causing your heart to skip a beat.

"What makes you think I don't want you around?" His expression softened, "I thought about it for a while, and I did consider pushing you and this marriage away until it was annulled, but I don't want to do that. I'd rather face this and try and make it work. I wouldn't leave you estranged."

You stared into his eyes, searching for confirmation of his words, and they were genuine. There was no doubt about it, and you almost felt stupid for doubting him.

He knew there was something wrong, and he made sure I knew that everything was alright. Thank you...

"Now, come on," He said, changing the subject and opening the door, "Let's carry your stuff in."

*****

"I'm going to go out and get some stuff from the grocery store," Kakashi had said, grabbing his keys off the counter, "I'll be back in an hour."

You looked up from the book in your hands as you sat at the kitchen table. "Okay, drive safely," You said, "I think it's supposed to rain soon."

"See you."

He closed the door behind him and left. You went back to your book without thinking anything of it.

You had already settled in and unpacked, so all that was left was to relax and adjust to the new setting. To take your mind off things, you had grabbed a book that you had borrowed from the library and had been reading since breakfast. It was now noon, and you were hungry, so you grabbed a snack out of the fridge.