{1.07}First Escape

Ian and I were awaken to Muldoon opening the door and hollering "Wake up! We're moving to the emergency bunker, you two love birds!"

"God, I hate that man." Ian groaned.

"You're not the only one." I chuckled.

We both got our clothes back on and walked into the control room.

Hammond greeted us with a smile.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." Ian and I replied.

I looked up to a clock hanging on the wall and it read 7:39 am.

Ian took my hand and we followed Hammond, Muldoon, and Ellie to the emergency bunker. Arnold stayed behind.

We went down the front stairs and into a staff restricted room and downstairs, underground.
It was a small room with an aluminum table in the middle and lockers for the staff. Muldoon and Ellie helped Ian onto the aluminum table.

We stood around for a couple minutes and Ellie grabbed a flashlight.

"Alright I'm going to go switch the power back on myself. This is crazy." Ellie grunted.

"I'll go too." Muldoon said cocking his gun.

Ellie and Muldoon ran up the stairs and left.

"You know in 1956 when Disneyland first opened, nothing worked." Hammond said, probably to boost his own confidence.

"But John, if the Pirates of The Caribbean breaks down, the Pirates don't eat the tourists." Ian said breathing heavy. The morphine was wearing off.

"Let me find some more morphine." I said trying to do something other than wait.

"No, don't go. I don't want you to get hurt or leave my side. The doctors will take care of me." Ian said grabbing my arm giving me the same sorry look as he did before.

"Okay."

Hammond left the room and brought back the morphine.
"Here." he said smiling.
He then paced the room.
I took the needle and stuck it in Ian. He winced in pain.

"Sorry." I said

"Oh no it's fine. Your beauty takes the pain away." he said smiling.

There was nothing much to do after that. I pulled up a chair next to Ian. He took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"So you must be joking when I ask if you two are in a relationship and you answer 'no' " Hammond said chuckling.

"You could consider us together." Ian said smirking at me and winking.
I couldn't help but to smile.

"Well, you are a very lovely couple." Hammond added, now leaning against a counter sighing. His wife must have died because he still wore a gold wedding band but never mentioned his wife.

It wasn't until an hour later, (Hammond informed us with the time. He wore a watch.) the phone started ringing.

"Oh my God!" I whispered screamed, squeezing Ian's hand, as Hammond picked it up. "Umhm.....yes.......alright.....KIDS!" Hammond yelled screeching "Kids!"

"I'm calling the helicopters over right away!" Hammond frantically said, hurriedly tapping in the number.

"Send helicopters, immediately!" Hammond ordered into the phone.

"Let's go! Get up, get up!" Hammond said shooing Ian off the table.

I helped Ian and we followed where the old man was going.
He took us to another underground place, which looked like a garage. 2 Jeeps were inside.
Hammond took keys out of the dashboard compartment and quickly started the car.
Ian and I sat in the back. I clung to Ian tightly as Hammond was swiveling around the garage.
We went up an incline and it took us outside in front of the visitors center.
Alan, Ellie, the boy, and the girl all quickly hopped in.
The small boy sat on Ellie's lap and the girl sat in between me and Ellie. Alan hopped in the front.

"I have decided NOT to endorse in your park." Alan said a little scoldingly, but hey, the man was almost killed.

"So have I." Hammond said zooming off to the helicopter pad.

With a screech, we ended up right next to the helicopter pad where a helicopter was waiting.
Alan helped Ian into the helicopter.
The kids fell asleep on both sides of Alan. Ellie sat next to me and across from Hammond who sadly looked down on the island below us.
Ian and I looked out our window.
Tears ran down my cheeks.
I was looking somewhere I almost died and the person I love almost died.
Ian noticed and out his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.
"It's all over now, it's okay."
I started to cry. He held me.

I realized Arnold and and Muldoon were gone.

"Muldoon and Arnold didn't make it did they?" I asked Ellie.
She shook her head no.

We approached another helicopter pad, but it wasn't the one that would go to the airport to send us all home.

"What are we doing here?" Ellie asked Hammond, pissed.

Hammond looked at her like he was about to get decapitated.
He stuttered "Ahh...uhh. just a umm stop."