Ch.3

I walked up to the front gate of my house with the nice woman who I had met earlier.
"Thank you for walking me home." I said, flashing a small smile.
"No problem honey.. are you sure you don't want me to call the police?" She asked with a worried look on her face.
I nodded.
"I'm sure. If I do end up calling the police, I'd want my parents to do it."
The woman nodded and waved goodbye as I opened the white gate that surrounded my house.
I slowly walked up to my house, surrounded by lush green bushes dotted with little pink flowers buds.
My gaze shifted to the upstairs window, where I saw my mother talking on the phone.
I walked up the creaky steps that had grey chipping paint.
Before I even knocked on the door, it swung open and I felt my dad scoop me up into his arms.
I fell limp in his arms and closed my eyes.
No where felt safer then my dad's arms.
"Where were you, Aria? We were worried sick!? Don't ever do that again, do you hear me?" He said, his raspy voice shaking.
I looked up into his eyes and saw the reddened bags that had been forming ever since the death of Nova.
They seemed darker than usual today.
He let go of me and pushed my hair out of my face.
His face became pale as he looked into my eyes.
"What happened?" He demanded.
"Nothing." I said, bitterly.
"Listen, I know when your lying Aria. Tell me what happened." He said grabbing my shoulders.
"Someone hurt me.." I said softly.
"WHO, WHAT HAPPENED?" My dad shouted.
"THIS GUY FUCKING RAPED ME DAD, OKAY?!" I shouted, turning away from him.
He fell silent.
I crossed my arms over my chest and turn a deep breath before turning to face him.
"I'm fine dad."
That's was a lie.
"I promise."
Lie.
"I'll be ok."
Another lie.
"We're calling the police." My dad stated numbly.
I watched as he turned on his heel and marched into the house.
The sound of my mother's footsteps echoed in my ears and she appeared in front of me.
I looked at her and frowned.
It looked as if she wasn't worried at all about me.
"Hey." She said.
"Hey." I replied.
My mom grabbed me in her arms and stroked my hair.
I sighed and said coldly," Are you done?"
She stopped hugging me and pursed her lips into a thin line.
"Listen, I don't know what your problem is, but you need to knock it off. First you run away, then you claim you've been raped-" She started but I immediately jumped in.
"WHAT THE FUCK? YOU THINK I WOULD LIE ABOUT THAT??" I retorted.
She crossed her arms over her chest and huffed.
I felt my ears grow hot with anger and I pushed passed her and bolted up the dark oak steps that led to the upstairs hallway.
My feet carried me down the hall and into my bedroom.
Slamming the door, I walked up to the mirror and gazed at my reflection.
My eyes were red and swollen and my lip was bloody.
I felt my anger rise until I bawled up my fist and I took my fist and punched the mirror until my reflection shattered into a million pieces.
My eyes closed as the glass cut into my skin.
Blood dripped down my arm and i sank to my knees.
I just wanted this day to end already.