Ch.6

We configured at a nearby table near the bar and I sat across from Foster and next to Nolan.
Cole was next to Foster.
"So, how old are you?" Cole rasped his knuckles across the table like a nervous habit.
I turned towards Nolan, he was fixed on me with those piercing blue orbs, pulling his gaze across my features slow as honey.
I swallowed and looked back at Cole.
"I'm sixteen, almost seventeen. My birthday is next month." I said, twirling my hair in my fingers.
"And you guys?"
"I'm 17." Says Nolan in that low haunting voice of his.
I turned towards the other two.
"I just turned nineteen , and Foster is sixteen ." Said Cole.
Sixteen ?! I took another look at Foster. He looked about twenty one , so it was hard to believe he was just sixteen.
I felt a soft poke to my shoulder and I looked at Nolan.
"Are you lost, or..." He started.
I shook my head rapidly and pointed towards the road that led to my house.
"I live up there, in that white house. But.. I can't live there anymore." I murmured.
The boys looked at eachother.
"Why?" Foster finally spoke.
I shrugged one shoulder and began to swing my legs.
"It's.. personal." I manage to say.
"Well, is there anything we can do? We may not know you very well, but you don't seem like a psycho bitch or anything." Cole cheered.
"Well, how exactly would you help me?" I questioned.
"Perhaps you could stay with us.. I mean It's okay if you say no. You don't know us very well, but I can assure you that we are nice people." Cole nodded.
I thought about this for a second.
It would be nice to not be homeless, you know?
But then again, I don't really know them at all.
I parted my lips to speak, but before I could say anything, Foster broke in.
"It's would be nice to have a lady in the house. Maybe if we let you stay with us, you could cook for us cuz.. Nolan is the chef of the house and frankly, he sucks." He snickered.
Nolan furrowed his eyebrows.
"I think my food is the bomb.com!" He disagreed.
"ANYWAYS, that's beside the point. So Aria, what do you say?" Said Cole, placing his hand on top of mine.
"Well, I suppose. I mean, I am a pretty good cook if I do say so myself." I grinned.
"Great!" Nolan sang.
We got up and started to walk up towards the road.
"Sooo, where do you guys live?" I asked as I grabbed my bag off the sand.
"We live off of Lenny street." Foster responded, grabbing my hand.
I looked at him, and then at my hand.
"Ooooo, someone has a cruuuush!" Cole sing-songed.
"HELL NO, I JUST DON'T WANT HER TO GET HIT BY A CAR WHEN WE CROSS THE STREET!" Foster raged.
"I think she'd be capable of walking across the street.." Said Nolan.
Fosters let go of my hand and pouted, mumbling under his breath.
Cole sighed and grabbed my suitcase from my hands.
"It's okay, I can carry it." I shifted awkwardly.
"No, no. I got it." He said, his eyes fixed onto the road.
I nodded and we made our way to the bus stop, with Cole and Foster bickering the whole way there.
"Do they always do this?" I whispered to Nolan.
"Pretty much." He sighed.
I rubbed his shoulder and his cheeks grew a rosey pink. This made me smile.
Foster and Nolan sat on the bench and I leaned against the brick wall that was behind us.
Cole cleared his throat and Foster looked up.
"What?" He sneered.
"Let her sit." He said through clenched teeth.
Fosters stood up and sat on Nolan's lap.
"Ummm."
"Listen, I'm not standing. I'm too lazy." Foster crossed his arms.
I think I'm gonna like living with these guys.