Ch.4-

Beams of golden sunlight blinded me as I opened my eyes.
The window was slightly opened and I felt a cool breeze rush into my room and send goosebumps forming all over my exposed skin.
I sat up in bed and pushed back the strands of hair that stuck to my forehead.
My head was throbbing dully.
The scent of maple syrup and bacon entered my nostrils and made my mouth water.
I hadn't eaten very much ever since..you know.
I swung my legs off the side of the bed and slipped into my fuzzy red slippers.
My mother's laughter filled the hallway as she left her room.
What on earth could she possibly be laughing about at a time like this?
I shuffled over to my bedroom door and cupped my ear against it.
This is what I heard:

"Yeah, so I'm so glad she's out of the house. I mean, I told Dustin that I didn't want fucking kids, but he knocked me up so I ended up with two. Isn't that crazy? But anyway, now that she's dead, I just need to get rid of Aria."

That's when I stopped listening.
Emotions.
Something I hadn't felt for a long time now, we're rushing through my body.
Confusion.
Anger.
Disbelief.
Was what I heard accurate? Maybe I misheard.
But I doubt it.
My hearing is pretty good and my mom was talking quite loudly, which I didn't understand because, HELLO, your family is in the house.
My heart began to thump and I got a numb sensation in the tips of my fingers.
I was scared- no that's not correct- I was terrified.
What the hell is going on!?
Did mom actually did something to Nova?
Yes, I answered myself.
Why?
Because she admitted it, AND she said she needs to "get rid of me" too.
I frantically searched for some sort of solution.
Should I tell dad?
No.
He wouldn't believe me. He thinks the world of mom.
Call the police?
Nope, they would need evidence and, well, I have none.
I decided that I'd have to leave. My house was no longer safe.
But then I realized something.
I have no job. No money. No friends. No nearby family. Nothing.
I plopped on my bed and contemplated whether or not it would be a good idea to run away.
Let's see, get murded. Live on the streets. Murded. Streets.
My mind was set.
I swung open my closet door and pulled out my black leather suitcase.
My eyes analysed my room for any important items I would need.
My phone; my cloths; my secret stash of snacks; my meds; and a hairbrush.
I packed my suitcase and slide it underneath my bed.
I would leave tonight, I decided.
Footsteps moved up the creaky oak steps and entered the hallway leading to my room.
"Aria?" My dad said, poking his head into my room.
"Hey dad." I exhaled.
"Breakfast is ready, if you wanna come eat. I made your favorite, pancakes and bacon." He said with a sweet tone in his voice.
I forced a smile onto my face and told him that I'd be down in a minute.
Moments passed after he left and, still, I sat on the edge of my bed motionless.
Suddenly, my mom swung the door open and stepped into my room with a phoney smile spread across he lips.
"Hey darling, are you coming downstairs for breakfast?" She questioned.
I nodded and she winked at me and left.
I definitely need to get out of here tonight.