Ch.8

Evening was approaching and A thick fog rolled through the streets.
I walked into the living room, where the boys were having a debate.
"That's ridiculous, Nolan, wouldn't you agree?" Cole snapped.
"Of course."
"No, no, no. YOU TOO are completely and utterly wrong."
"What are you guys talking about?" I cut in.
They looked up.
"Great, a new opinion!" Cheered Cole.
"What do you think is the funniest south Park episode? Me and Nolan think it's the one where the goth kids get pissed because people are dressing like vampires and they burn hottopic. But Foster thinks it's the Michael Jackson one."
I raised an eyebrow.
"Umm, I don't watch south park.. but anyway what would you guys like for dinner?" I asked, rolling up my sleeves.
"PIZZA!" Exclaimed Foster.
"No, we always eat pizza and it's not healthy. Let's have baked chicken." Said Cole, crossing his arms.
"What do you think Nolan?" He asked.
"Certainly." He responded.
I nodded and shuffled over to the fridge and opened it.
A putrid odor drifted out of the refrigerator and made me gag.
"Oh yeah, I could of warned you about the smell." Foster snickered.
"I'm definitely gonna have to help you guys clean this place. I'm sorry but you guys are gross." I smirked.
"I take offense!" Foster pointed at me.
I rolled my eyes and placed a hand on my hip.
"Do you guys have any non-rotting food in here?" I asked.
They shook their heads.
"Well. Then I guess we'll have to order out tonight. Anyone got any money?" I suggested.
"I have $3.00.." Nolan announced.
I plopped at the table with them and sighed.
"I'm getting paid tomorrow. We can skip dinner tonight, maybe have some dry cereal, and get to know each other." Cole grinned.
We each picked out what cereal we wanted (I chose trix!) And we gathered in the living room.
"Okay so who's gonna go first?" I tilted my head.
Foster began to speak.
"Well, I guess I'll start. I was born on a cold December afternoon in 1999, and mom said I came CHARGING THROUGH-"
"Okay, stop." Cole glared in disgust.
Foster pouted.
"Well, why don't you just tell me about yourself. " I rubbed his shoulder.
"Fine. I like girls with da booteh-"
"Your done. Anyways, I'll share some things about myself." Said Cole.
"I like little details. I love them. For example, I am very detailed with my art. I do ink drawings of different designs and I add lots of detail to each piece. Also when someone compliments me, I would prefer them to say something like: I liked the way your hands looked when you were holding that cigarette. Or, I remember the way your eyes lit up as you took a bite out of that ice cream cone. Just the small things that matter to me." He smiled.
"Wow. That's really cool. Maybe you could show me some of your art sometime." I suggested
"I'd like that." He stated.
"Can I speak now?" Foster whined.
"You may." Cole sighed.
"Okay. So I like to sing. I play the guitar. My full name is Foster Michael Dye. My favorite food is pizza. I'm a dickhead-"
"FOSTER!" Cole snapped.
"What, I am, aren't I?" He retorted.
"Well yes, but you don't have to ANNOUNCE it. Geesh."
"I'm leaving, you guys are too loud." Nolan said, getting up.
"Good day."
He walked out of the living room and went to his bedroom.
"You guys fight too much. Why?" I questioned.
"Because, me and Foster are like oil and water. We just don't get along! It would take a miracle to get us to get along." Cole mumbled.
"Well. Maybe I can help you guys. I mean, I'm pretty good at communicating with people like you." I said.
They looked at eachother.
"Maybe..." Foster sighed.
"Yes, maybe." Cole added.
I smiled and walked out of the room and entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.
I looked into the mirror and saw my swollen red eyes. My chapped lips, and my tangled hair.
I looked like a wreck.
I looked through the drawers for a comb, and spotted a black one on the sink.
I grabbed it and tried to comb through my matted hair.
Then I heard a knock on the door.
"Aria? You okay?" I heard Cole's muffled voice ask.
"Yup, I'm just freshening up."
"Okay..."
I still felt his presence.
"You still there?" I asked.
"Um, yeah I just wanted to thank you for staying with us. It's nice to have some company around, especially a girl." I could tell his was grinning as he said this.
"Well, I should be the one thanking you! If it wasn't for you guys, I'd still be on the streets."
He fell silent for a moment.
"Are you decent?" He asked.
"Um, yeah why?"
"May I come in?"
"Suure.."
He walked into the bathroom and bowed before me.
"What?" I laughed.
"I just wanted to look at you."
"Why?"
"Because your the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and I mean it." His face was serious now.
"Me? Nah, I look like a mess." I giggled nervously.
Cole combed my hair behind my ear and rubbed my cheek with his thumb.
"Kiss me." He instructed.
A dull moan got trapped in my throat as I pressed my lips against his, soft as a summer breeze.
I grabbed the back of his neck and pushed him in deeper, indulging in a kiss that lasted for miles.
His tongue darted around my mouth, and glided across my teeth, happy to be there.
Cole pinned me against the wall and ran his lips over my face, my neck, igniting me with a wave of quick kisses.
"Right here, right now." He purred.
"What?" I slamed my hands against his chest, pushing him off with a violent force.
"Sorry!" His hands flew through the air, quick as a stickup.
"I'd better go." I said rushing out of the room.
If I had stayed there a few moments more, I might have said yes.