Ch.5-

I tottered into my parents bedroom and poked my head into their room.
Both sound asleep.
I took a deep shaky breath and silently slipped into their room, carefully setting a neatly folded piece of paper on the nightstand on my father's side of the bed.
Inside the paper, I wrote a note simply stating that I will not return home, EVER. And that they shouldn't bother looking for me because I will avoid them at all costs.
Before leaving the room, my gaze shifted to my dad's face.
I would miss him. A lot.
His warm grey eyes. His deep raspy voice. His corny jokes. Everything.
Then I glared at my mother.
That bitch.
"I swear to God, mom. I will NOT let you get away with killing Nova." I whispered.
I turned my back to my parents and walked out of their room.
Okay, let's see. I have my suitcase. My phone. And my phone charger.
I checked my room once more before going downstairs and leaving through the back door.
The dark velvet night glowed an eerie shade of purple, the color of a storybook world, a fairytale. Even through the thick rolling fog I could make out the crystal expanse of stars glinting above. They sparkle down their glory like shards of broken glass.
I smiled at the beauty and shuffled out of the backyard and made my way down a dark path that led to the shore.
I walked along the jagged, uneven path alone and felt a rising sensation to turn and run as fast as I could.
But I didn't of course.
Carefully and slowly I navigated the trail, my black platform boots faltering under the pressure to support me.
They gave way on a pile of loose rocks and I fell, catching myself as I landed on my side.
Shaken, I lifted myself, brushed the dirt off my black high waisted jeans and black misfits crop top and continued, unsteadily down the path.
A gust of cool wind sent my long black hair flowing behind me.
I trudged along the path until I made it to the shore.
The white sand crystals sparkled in the light of the moon and the big open sea lapped hungerly at the shore.
I set my bag down and plopped onto the seafront, kicking off my boots and crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at the sea.
My eyelids began to grow heavy and the next thing I knew, I was in a deep sleep.

Voices. A group of them. Perhaps 3.
I opened my eyes and saw three boys surrounding me.
The first one was very tall, well over 6ft. His hair was blonde and wavy. His eyes, almond shaped eyes glowed an amber brown.
My blurred vision shifted to the other two.
The second boy was very pale and had deep red hair and freckles.
A sad smile played on his lips and he saw me awaken from my long lasting slumber.
I turned to the last boy who was poking me with a stick.
His olive skin sparkled in the light and his bangs were messily pushed to the side.
I rubbed my eyes and sat up.
"Look she's getting up!" Exclaimed the blonde boy.
"She's alive! I guess we won't need this anymore." Said the boy with the stick as he fringed it across the shore.
"Ummm..." Was all I could studder.
"Are you okay, miss?" The red haired boy asked with concern in his eyes.
"Yeah. What? A girl can't sleep without being poked with a stick?!" I scowled.
"Sorry.. We just thought you were dead or something." Said the boy with messy hair.
"I'm Foster." He added. "And these are my cousins."
I nodded and stated my name.
"I'm Cole," said the boy with ash blonde hair. "And this is Nolan." He continued, pointing to the red haired boy.
"Hi." I muttered.
I was in no mood to talk to people. I needed to find a place to set up camp, because obviously you can't sleep on the beach without being harassed.
"How come you were sleeping on the beach?" Cole asked.
I gazed into those piercing brown eyes of his.
"Umm, long story." I said.
"I see. Well, are you okay? Do you need anything? We have money if you need some." Said Cole, ticking his head towards Foster.
"Give her your $20.00." He demanded.
Fosters eyes grew narrow.
"You really expect me to give this strange girl my money? No fucking way!" He flared.
"Guys, I don't want your money. I'm fine, really." I said placing a hand on my hip.
"You don't look fine." Said Nolan, quietly.
"Why do you guys care if I'm ok or not? You don't even know me."
"Because we just do. We like helping people, right guys?" Cole says, rattling Nolan's arm.
Nolan nods with his lips curled slightly and Foster pulls his lips into a tight line.
It's obvious he doesn't like me, but I don't really care. There are more important things to worry about right now.
"Oh, cool I guess." I tried to sound casual, but on the inside my heart is fluttering with happiness about the fact that someone actually cares about me.
"Come with us." Cole encourages me.
He gives a pensive stare, bearing right through me with those amber lenses- like he sees me, but too much.
I feel naked under his watchful supervision, and it sends a shudder down my spine.
"Okay." I agree.