It Was Nice Seeing You

Haldir reported to the stables, where he was suppose to meet the other elf guard. Haldir was wearing one of his usual outfits with his bow and quiver strapped on his back. Haldir saw that the guard had already tacked up three horses, which they would take to Rivendell with them. He didn't recognize the other guard, so he walked over to him.

"A (hi)." greeted Haldir.

"A (hi) you must be Haldir." replied the guard.

"Yes I am." responded Haldir.

The guard filled Haldir in on what they were suppose to be doing. Haldir was told that they will escort Vanya to and back from Rivendell. They were not to let her out of their sights, unless she requested that she be alone. Haldir thought that this mission was very simple and basic, so he didn't worry to much. And he did have some help in case something went wrong. Once they were done talking, the stayed in the stable where they would wait for Vanya to meet them.

Celeborn and Galadriel walked side by side down the steps. They stopped at the edge of the stairs and turned around. Haldir stared over at them, watching everything that was happening. He didn't want to miss anything because this was the first time in years that he would see Vanya again. In the middle of Celeborn and Galadriel stood a beautiful Vanya. Her blonde hair was curled slightly. She was dressed in white and silver. She couldn't of looked more beautiful. Haldir wanted to drop his jaw in amazement, but didn't want to draw attention to himself. So he simply watched. He watched as Vanya said goodbye to her parents. Then her parents left.

The guard walked over to Vanya, where he greeted her with a bow and filled her in on their plan to escort her safely to Rivendell. Vanya walked in Haldir's direction with the guard behind her. Haldir looked at Vanya, and she looked at him. She came up to Haldir and smiled at him.

"Haldir?" asked Vanya.

"No (yes), hir vuin (my lady)?" responded Haldir.

"Its good to see you again, Haldir." said Vanya with a smile.

"Likewise my lady." replied Haldir.

Haldir held Vanya's horses reigns, while she mounted her horse. Then Haldir and the guard did the same with their horses. When they were all up on their horses, they rode out of the stables. They rode on the path, that would take them out of the forest of Lothlorien. Vanya was riding in front of the guards, which made Haldir uncomfortable, so he picked up speed. The other guard remained in the back, keeping guard. Haldir and Vanya were riding side by side.

"So Haldir, what has your future brought you?" asked Vanya as she raised her voice for him to here.

"Nothing much, except for the fact that I am a guard of the forest of Lothlorien." explained Haldir.

"Well some things just don't change," said Vanya. "I remember when we were kids and you would not stop talking about how you wanted to be a soldier."

"Time may change, but people never really do."

"I guess not."

"What about you Vanya? Any thing different happen to you?" asked Haldir.

"Not much, I've mainly been doing my duties and helping the kingdom as much as I can."

"Would your journey to Rivendell count as helping out the kingdom by any chance?"

"Actually, yes." answered Vanya.

There conversation didn't last long. They rode across the lands of Middle Earth. They needed to reach Rivendell before it gets dark, or they will run into trouble. Haldir could tell that Vanya wasn't in much of a rush to get to Rivendell, but there was something that made her want to get there as well. Haldir wondered what, but didn't want to ask since he didn't' know the details.

***

They arrived in Rivendell late at night. When it got dark, they had barely made it to Rivendell. Haldir and the guard were escorted to a room, where they would be rooming together. Vanya was taken to see her brother in-law, Lord Elrond of Rivendell, who would make sure that she was comfortable during her stay in Rivendell.