Coming To See You

Months Later

Vanya was in the stables tacking her horse. She was trying to go fast, so she could meet up with Haldir, but her father was looking for her and found her tacking her horse up in the stables. Vanya tried to hurry so that she wouldn't get sopped by her father, but her father stopped her anyway.

"Vanya, where are you going?" asked Celeborn.

"I'm going for my usual ride." lied Vanya.

"Oh okay, well when you get back come look for me, we need to talk about something."

"Sure thing, ada (father)." agreed Vanya.

Her father left her in the stables to continue on. She did one last thing before she left to go see Haldir. Vanya made her horse gallop all the way to their meeting place and made sure she wasn't being followed. Going to see Haldir everyday was the highlight of her days. There was nothing she looked forward to most.

When Vanya arrived, she saw Haldir sitting on a boulder waiting for her. She quickly got off her horse and ran to him. Haldir stood up. Vanya jumped into his arms and gave him a kiss on the lips. She was so happy to see him. Haldir put her back down on the ground, when they were done kissing.

"It's good to see you made it." teased Haldir.

"Sorry about that, my father stopped me in the stables." explained Vanya.

"What did he want?" asked Haldir.

"I'm not sure. He told me to go see him when I get back. It sounds like there is an important matter that he wants to address."

Haldir and Vanya put everything going on around them to the side. They didn't want to talk about any of their jobs or responsibilities right now. Haldir laid out a blanket on the forest ground, so they could sit on it. Then Vanya took out a basket filled with food. They began having their picnic together in.

"It's nice that we get some peace and privacy when we are out here." said Vanya.

"Yes, indeed." agreed Halir.

Or so they thought. It is so hard for them to leave Lothlorien when everybody is walking around and wondering where you are rushing off too. Vanya had not been followed by anyone because everybody accepts that Vanya has things to do, so they don't assume what she is doing, unless it is her parents. However, Haldir has two brothers that have been wondering where he is going of too, so this time they followed him.

***

Haldir's brothers were a little ways away from Vanya and Haldir. They had followed him without his knowledge and found this. They couldn't believe that Haldir had a relationship with Vanya, the princess of Lothlorien and that it was romantic. His brother hopped back on their horses and road back to Lothlorien.

***

Vanya got up off the blanket, so Haldir could fold it and put it away. She grabbed the basket and tied it back to her horse for the ride back. There time together ended. Haldir needed to get back to his job, and Vanya needed to go talk with her father before he started to wonder where she was.

They both hopped on their horses and road in opposite directions back to Lothlorien.