Acceptance and the Secret Aisle

Vanya froze. She couldn't believe that Haldir had just asked her to marry him. She was happy, but at the same time she was disappointed. He was about to embark on a dangerous assignment and Vanya was worried for his life. She knows that he is a skilled soldier, but not even that could calm her nerves. But, when she put all of those things aside, Vanya knew in her heart that she loved Haldir.

"No (yes), I will marry you." answered Vanya.

A great big smile spread across Haldir's face. Vanya was even happy that she smiled too. Haldir brought Vanya into a hug and hugged her tight. He was so happy in this moment that they had together. He knew that he would be going away and that there would be a chance that he wouldn't come back, which made him only want to marry Vanya more.

***

Haldir and Vanya wasted no time in getting married. They had a secret wedding that only them and Haldir's brothers knew about. They had it deep in the Lothlorien forest. It was evening, Vanya and Haldir were laying together on the bed. Haldir wrapped his arms around Vanya, who was fast asleep. He tried to take everything in and made sure that he wouldn't forget it. He didn't want to leave her, but he also had to go. He was worried about how things would go tomorrow. But, most importantly, he worried about Vanya.

What would happen to her if he didn't come back? How would she take it?

There were many questions going through his head right now. But, there was nothing he could do to change things. He simply had to wait and let things play out. So Haldir cleared his head of thoughts and lowered his heart beat, to where he fell asleep.

Sorry for the short chapter.