It Is Happening

Ever since Haldir found out that Vanya was suppose to marry Legolas, he hasn't enjoyed being in Rivendell. He spends his time outside these days. He practices his fighting skills by shooting arrows into targets, which helps him relieve himself of anger. But he knows that he can't be mad at Vanya because it wasn't her fault. She is simply doing what is necessary of her. Besides, Haldir knows that he had a chance to tell her, and since he didn't he has to live with this regret.

The wedding of Legolas and Vanya was today and Haldir couldn't stand it. Everyone in Rivendell was looking forward to this moment. People from all over Middle Earth were arriving in Rivendell, to see the union between Legolas and Vanya. Haldir spent the day as far away from the buildings as he could, so he wouldn't have to see anything regarding the wedding.

Haldir was shooting arrows into a target, when Lord Elrond came walking up to him from behind. Elrond could tell that there was something bothering Haldir, but he didn't know what. To stop Haldir was firing arrows at the target, Elrond decided to pick up a knife and throw it at Haldir's target. The knife landed dead center in the middle of the target. Haldir was surprised to see a knife land in the center of the target, so he turned around to see who threw it. He found Elrond standings straight up with his hands behind him.

"Hir vuin (my lord), Elrond." said Haldir as he bowed to Lord Elrond.

Lord Elrond takes a couple of steps forward, so he could be a little closer to Haldir.

"What seems to be bothering you, Haldir?" asked Lord Elrond.

"There is nothing bothering me, hir vuin (my lord)." replied Haldir.

"I know that is not true Haldir. I have seen how you spend your time up here all day, and how you shoot your arrows with anger. So I will ask you again, what is bothering you?"

Haldir took a deep breath in. He wasn't comfortable with telling Lord Elrond how he feels, but at least he was willing to see what was bothering him. So Haldir put the quiver and bow on the ground.

"It is Vanya," started Haldir. "I love her and when I finally get the chance to tell her how I fell, she tells me that she is getting married to Legolas. I am basically not happy about the wedding today."

"I see." replied Lord Elrond.

"What do I do, hir vuin (my lord)?" asked Haldir.

"Well, that is a complicated question. I can't answer it for you, but I can only give you some advice. When I lost my wife, my world had ended for awhile. I was lucky that I told her how I felt, or I would have lost her. Haldir it is up to you for what you want to do, but if you love her then I would tell her before it is too late." advised Lord Elrond.

"Le fael hir vuin (thank you my lord)." thanked Haldir.

Haldir started running back to Rivendell. He knew that the wedding was in a couple of hours, so he was limited on time to tell Vanya. Haldir knocked on Vanya's door and waited for her to open the door. A couple of seconds after he knocked, Vanya opened her bedroom door. She smiled at Haldir and invited him in.

"I haven't seen you in awhile, Haldir." said Vanya. "Where have you been?"

"It's nice to see you too, Vanya." replied Haldir.

Vanya could tell that Haldir was in a hurry.

"Is something wrong?" asked Vanya.

"I need to tell you something."

"Okay." said Vanya.

"I've known you for a long time Vanya and I know that I might be too late, but there is something I have been trying to tell you for a long time. Ever since we were kids, I have loved you. My love for you has never lessened, it has only grown. And when I was going to tell you how I feel, I found out that you were getting married, and since that day I have been nothing but upset. Because I knew that the girl I loved was marrying someone else, instead of me." explaiend Haldir.

Vanya was speechless. She couldn't believe that Haldir had just told her this. But she did know that she loved Haldir too. She walked over to Haldir slowly.

"It's about time." whispered Vanya.

Haldir smiled at Vanya and pulled her close to him. He gave her a kiss on the lips. Vanya's were around his neck, while Haldir had his hands on Vanya's back. The kiss lasted a long time, but Vanya didn't care. She was with the one person who she loved dearly. She was with Haldir and she never wanted to leave his side.