Going Home

Haldir and Vanya were walking the hallways together. The wedding was off and now it was time to go home. However, there were some things that Haldir and Vanya had to discuss before they left for Lothlorien. They were walking to a place that was far way from the people of Rivendell, but not to far away that they couldn't head back. They needed to go to a place that would give them some privacy and so that no one could here what they needed to talk about. They stopped in a garden, that use to belong to Vanya's sister, Celebrian. It was a private garden, only for Elrond, Vanya, and her children. It was a place that made them remember Celebrian.

Haldir and Vanya took a seat next to each other on a bench.

"So what is it that we need to go over?" asked Haldir.

Vanya looked at Haldir. He could tell that this was something that she didn't want to tell him, but was necessary for his good.

"We need to talk about us, before we head home." answered Vanya.

"Meaning?"

"Haldir, the wedding is off or cancelled. Because of that my parents won't be pleased with me. They sent me hear to unite Mirkwood and Lothlorien, but since that didn't happen, they will be wanting to know why that didn't happen."

"I'm still not seeing the point." said Haldir.

"If my parents find out about you, or how I love you, they will make sure this love does not continue. And I can't live with that. So when we head back I need you to act like a regular guard and we can't meet in public, so my parents don't find out about us." explained Vanya.

Vanya could tell that Haldir wasn't please with what she just said, so she waited for him to say something. She took his hand, while she waited for Haldir to say something. He turned his head to Vanya.

"Alright." said Haldir.

"You're okay with that?" asked Vanya.

"No I'm not, but it is better than losing you again. Besides, I appreciate you trying to protect me." explained Haldir.

Vanya couldn't help but smile. She was so happy that Haldir was okay with everything. She leaned close to Haldir and gave him a kiss on the lips. She moved her hands around his neck, while Haldir's arms wrapped around her waist.

At that moment, they were both happy. It was the best moment in her life, ever since her sister left Middle Earth.

***

The next day, Haldir, Vanya, and the guard were getting everything ready, so that they could ride back to Lothlorien. Haldir and the guard were tacking the horse and packing them with food for the ride home. Vanya walked out of the building with Lord Elrond next to her.

"Le fael (thank you), Elrond," thanked Vanya. "you've done so much for me and I appreciate it."

"No problem Vanya, besides I don't mind keeping secrets from the in-law anyway." joked Elrond.

Vanya smiled at Lord Elrond and gave him a quick hug. Then she walked down the steps and mounted her horse. But before they rode away, Lord Elrond called Haldir over. Haldir rode his horse over to Lord Elrond.

"Take care of Vanya, she has a fragile heart and she has already lost to much." said Lord Elrond.

"Always." replied Haldir.

Lord Elrond smiled at Haldir, then hew watched Vanya and the guards ride away. They were headed home. Vanya and Haldir were happy that they were going home not as friends, but as a couple. Haldir had loved Vanya a long time and now that they were finally together, he planned on keeping her for as long as he could.