Receiving Word

It had been a couple of days since Haldir left for his assignment. His first stop was suppose to be in Rivendell, where he would take a medium sized arm to Helms Deep. There Haldir would team up with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and the people of Rohan to fight an army of Sauron's. Ever since Haldir left, Vanya had not been herself. She keeps to herself and is quiet. Of course her parents noticed the difference in their daughter, but they did not confront her. Days went by and Vanya had not heard anything from Haldir. She started to panic. There were so many questions going through her head right now. Some were positive and some were negative.

***

Vanya was walking back to her room, when her parents called her name. Vanya stopped walking and turned around to face her parents. Celeborn and Galadriel had to walk over to Vanya because she didn't head in their direction.

"Vanya, is everything okay?" asked her mother.

"Of course, nana (mother)." replied Vanya.

Vanya's parents weren't convinced. They could tell that something was bothering her. They didn't drop the matter and Vanya was scared, as to what they might ask her. She didn't want them to find out about her relationship with Haldir.

"What is wrong, Vanya?" asked her father. "You know you can tell us anything, right?"

"I can't talk to you about this, okay." said Vanya before she walked off from her parents.

Vanya left her parents and headed back to her room; however, before she reached her room, a guard approached her. She thought that he had orders from her parents, but he actually had a message regarding Haldir. Vanya was happy that she was finally going to receive word about Haldir. However, things weren't exactly good.

"Hiril vuin (my lady), I have received word of Haldir." paused the guard.

"Well, go on." instructed Vanya.

"I am afraid that Haldir did not make it through the battle. I have been told that Haldir has died in battle, at Helms Deep." explained the guard.

Vanya's heart skipped a beat. She was frozen and shocked from what she just heard. Haldir, her husband, had died in battle. He would not be coming back to her ever again. She fell to the floor and tears started dripping down her cheeks. Her heart was broken and she felt empty inside. Everything she had feared, had just come to life. Haldir was gone, and she was broken.

***

Ever since Vanya found out about Haldir, she had locked herself in her room. She went without food for days. Her parents eventually found out what happened and couldn't believe it. They were made at Vanya for keeping her relationship with Haldir secret, but at the same time they were concerned for Vanya.

They tried to talk to her, but she didn't let anyone in her room. And she didn't speak t anyone. Her parents didn't know what to do, but they couldn't do much since she wouldn't let them in. So Vanya was alone in her room, thinking about Haldir.