Black rose

~ Edward's point of view

" Well hello Fullmetal" The Colonel said as he saw his fellow military subordinate.

Edward thought about standing up but second thought it because he had only one leg. So he just ended up sitting up straight.

" Uncle Roy!" Maes greeted with a happy smile.

The Colonels demeanour changed within two seconds. He kneels down to his height and patted the young child's head.
" Hello Maes, how are you doing?" he asked with a smile.

Maes smiled back.
" Awesome!" he said laughing. Maes ran to Winry who was calling his name from the mechanics room.

Mustang looked up to Mori.
" Hey Takashi long time no see! How are you doing?" he asked again with a smile.

Mori was a little taken back by his big brothers appearance.
" Hm, good. How has work been?"he asked in his gruff voice.

Mustang smiled, he laughed.
" You've always been a man of few words. At work there's is new problem everyday. But I enjoy it" He told his sibling.

Mustang glanced at Edward who still sat on the couch.
His smile dropped.
" Fullmetal? What happened to you?" he asked meaning why has he only got one leg.

Edward looked down to it. But before he could say anything Honey butted in.
" Edward Sen-Pai broke his leg!" he said happily. Why he was happy, no one will know.

Mustang looked at Honey.
" You must be Mitzkuni" He said. " You can call me Roy" He said. But he didn't talk to him like he was a little kid, not like he did to Maes. But as a companion. Because Mustang knew of his age.

"Wait how did you know who I was?" Honey asked.

" It's only natural for me to keep tabs on my little brother"He said smiling at Mori who smiled back.

" Mustang! You never told me you had a brother" Edward complained.

Mustang looked at him.
" I didn't think I was relevant" he told him.

Hawkeye stood next to Roy.
" Sir, What we same here for" She reminded.

Roy smiled.
" Oh yes how could I forget?" He asked no one.
" Fullmetal I need your help with something".

Mustang calmly walked over to Edward.

" What is it?" Edward asked.

" I reason why I came here today is because of a big problem" he started to explain.
" Back home someone invaded central. Some people think it was a group. Other by a single person. Anyway, they left this for you" he told Edward as he handed him box. It easily took over the size of his hand.

Edward hesitated then took it. His eyes scanned over the red and black metal lid. Not writing sat on it. But his alchemy mark was in it, the background totally black.

Glancing up at Hawkeye, who nodded her head in approval to open the box. Edward took his eyes off Riza and back to the box. Carefully Ed took the lid off the box and sat it down next to him on the couch. He brought his brows together with confusion at what he saw.

A withering black rose sat in white silk packaging.
Ed glanced at Roy telling him to explain.
" What I'm worried about was I was asleep in my office at the time," He pinched the bridge of his nose.
" The intruder managed to get through the guard, pick the lock. He then snuck in and out the box down I front of me and left. All not waking me up. And I'm a heavy sleeper" Mustang told Fullmetal trying to budge his headache away.