Chapter 13

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you to my loyal readers for all the support! It honestly makes my day when I read your comments, so please don't be shy. :) I had to split this chapter in two (since it was way too long to be one) so the second part should be updated soon! Oh and don't sweat it, it's going to be full of fluff. ;)

It had been almost five days since Regina had last seen the blonde. Since their discussion, Emma was nowhere to be seen if the mayor was concerned—at least that's how Regina felt anyway. To the ordinary person, five days may not have been considered a long period of time, but for the brunette it felt like an eternity. She noticed every single minute go by without the blonde's presence, hoping that she would storm through the door for another chance to be heard. She knew that Emma would most likely need some time to think after their little moment in the living room—lord knows Regina did—but five days? It was, without a doubt, the longest the two have gone without seeing each other. Even when Regina kept pushing her away, the woman kept pushing her way back, showing up at the mayor's door every chance she got. She was just so used to Emma being so persistent, so motivated to make amends, but now the brunette had pushed too far. She shot her down, refusing to hear what the blonde had to say and then almost kissed her, only to crush her hopes once again. Why? Simple, she was too damn afraid. Of course she hadn't meant what she said, of course she desperately wanted to feel Emma's hands around her hips or brushing through her hair, but was she prepared to take such a bold step?

The mayor sat alone at the dining table that Sunday morning, barely touching her breakfast. It's only been five days, she reassured herself. But still, her worrisome self had taken over, digging a deeper hole at the pit of her stomach. With her fork in hand, she pushed the scrambled eggs on her plate from one side to the other, unable to chew anything down. She kept attempting to eat but saw it no use as her stomach began to churn every time the fork full of eggs had entered her mouth. Not even the warm, comforting taste of coffee could put her at ease, so she leaned back against her chair, frustrated because her stomach growled for food but refused to accept any.

It was almost nine-thirty and Henry was, from what Regina could tell, still sound asleep. Normally the brunette would have him awake by this time—she would not have her son be the grumpy teenager who sleeps his day away—but this time she let it slide, mostly because she needed some alone time. However, even without his mother's calling, Henry came running down the stairs in grey pajama shorts and his dark purple hoodie with the words "Storybrooke's Finest" sewn on the front. It was a hoodie that Regina found to be the tackiest thing—she was never really fond of souvenir merchandise—but it was a thoughtful gift from Emma when she first moved to town, hoping to get into Regina's good graces.

"Morning mom!" Henry greeted, giving her quick hug.

"Good morning Henry," she smiled.

"Smells great! What's for breakfast?"

"There's some scrambled eggs still in the pan and I left some bacon for you in the plate by the toaster," Regina replied, motioning towards the stove.

Henry threw the remaining scrambled eggs onto a clean plate and cleared the plate of bacon onto his own. He opened the fridge door and pulled out the carton of milk, just before joining his mother at the dining table.

"Mom," he called, inhaling the food that lay before him.

"Yes dear?" she listened closely, unable to make out the sentence her son had conjured up around a mouthful of eggs. " What? Henry, don't talk with your mouth full."