Chapter 17

A/N: Sorry for being so inactive guys! As i've mentioned, it's exam week and that means I have to study more than write (believe me I'm not pleased). But hopefully this extra long chapter will be enough for the time being. The next chapter is what really kickstarts the SQ train so stay tuned! Don't be shy to give me your feedback, I love reading your comments! Much love. :)

As her chocolate-brown eyes scoured the room, she took in the familiar picture and began to break it down piece by piece. The walls plastered with horrid-looking evergreen trees, the red leather restaurant booths accompanied by tables claiming to have a retro design and the tacky neon signs were all proof of one thing.  Granny's Diner was in serious need of renovations, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

            Mary-Margret's constant chatter was something else in its own and Regina began to wonder why the hell she agreed to engage in this now ludicrous seeming idea.

            A decorating committee that consisted of herself, the annoyingly enthusiastic Mary-Margret and the endearing blonde who seemed every bit enthralled by her mother's awful, if not tragic, suggestions for, as she states, 'the perfect dance'.

            The pixie-haired woman sat across from her with a clear plastic folder loaded with sheets of paper containing color schemes, decorative pieces, a list of appropriate songs—carefully examined by the mayor herself, and last but not least, the ideas for the theme. The whole thing had Regina rolling her eyes so far back, she was surprised they didn't remain there permanently. If she was honest, the only scheme she wanted to come up with was the one that would get her the hell out of this absurd meeting—with elegance and style of course.

            "So Regina, what do you think?" Mary-Margret asked, disrupting the mayor's thoughts.

            "I'm sorry?"

            Mary-Margret exhaled, clearly grasping the fact that Regina was not paying attention, not even in the least. "Have you been toning me out this whole time?"

            "No. Of course not," she defended, holding the steaming cup of freshly ground coffee to her lips. She took a delicate sip and did her best to avert he gaze from the brunette, attempting to look as casual as possible. "We were talking about colors, right?"

            "No, but nice try."

            Ridiculous. No other word would do justice when describing what this meeting was. Absolutely ridiculous. She felt like an elementary school student who was caught with her mind wandering elsewhere and being reprimanded for it. The blonde next her apparently found this entertaining. She didn't have to look at her to hear the snickering break through her lips. Yes, this did indeed feel like elementary school. Thankfully Ruby was kind enough to provide her with coffee re-fills every so often. The caffeine made this meeting slightly less unbearable as well as kept her snarky comments at bay.

            Mary-Margret shuffled through her folder and pulled out a single sheet of paper. She held it right to Regina's face, ensuring that this time, the mayor would listen. Getting the hint, Regina snatched the paper from the woman's hand and studied it thoroughly.

            It was the theme, a theme in which the mayor did not approve of. Not one bit. 

            "You want the theme to be the Enchanted Forest? Really?" the rejection in her tone not the least bit suppressed. "That's what we're going for?"

            "Yea," Mary-Margret replied. "They can even come with dates. Everyone will be a prince or a princess for the night."

            Emma nudged Regina's shoulder with a playful smirk. "C'mon it's cute."